Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burton Albion vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Cheers. Back to the drawing board with my speculation then!

That was actually a bad guess though. You will recall on here I had mentioned about 5 or 6 weeks before he signed that we were after Jamie. The one we failed to land in that transfer window you got right though as it was well documented was Ben Marshall

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Hmmm ...... speculation, speculation, speculation! Wonder which incoming player we're talking about..........

Duffy?
Norwood?
My guess is Murphy when we didn't land Marshall ...............................

Just wild speculation on my behalf, you understand!

Pretty sure it was mentioned in the Argus last year that Manu was brought as we couldn't get Calleri.

As for the targets this time around that we didn't get I have no idea!

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Yes, but have you seen who else they've played so far?

A fairly tough start the season I would say? Some decent sides in there.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Still on our way home, train has stopped just South of Leicester as our driver reported hitting a person on the tracks, now confirmed as a fatality :(

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That was actually a bad guess though. You will recall on here I had mentioned about 5 or 6 weeks before he signed that we were after Jamie. The one we failed to land in that transfer window you got right though as it was well documented was Ben Marshall
It was because we didn't land Marshall that I thought Murphy might be the alternative - but hey ho, back to the drawing board. Elvis was a bit of a last minute signing.....................

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hmmm ...... speculation, speculation, speculation! Wonder which incoming player we're talking about..........

Duffy?
Norwood?
My guess is Murphy when we didn't land Marshall ...............................

Just wild speculation on my behalf, you understand!
Elvis when we didn't get Calleri.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Apologies if it's been answered before but why did Bruno get subbed? Was it tactical or forced through injury?

Minor knock so not risked.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
I make that 2 in 2 on the *** Official Match Threads *** this season so bollocks to all you moaning Minnie's on the first couple of pages I will carry on. :)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My head is angry. Too many lovely beers in Burton.

Thought it was a pretty poor game overall. I'm really becoming concerned about our attacking threat. Lucky goal in the week and needing a penalty to put one in against Burton.

Have no fear we will sign a 4th striker in January provided there is one cheap enough that nobody else wants.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I'm a firm believer than in sport, Arnold Palmer was correct when he said..."The more I practice, the luckier I get".

I'm also a firm believer in the swings and roundabouts theory when it comes to ref decisions over the course of a season.

However, having said all that, there are times when luck really can have a major say in how a season pans out.

Last season I defy anyone to argue against the view that we had much more than our fair share of bad luck and that ultimately it probably cost us dearly. This season, so far, things seem to be going our way. So who knows where it might take us if it continues.

It was Gary Player,,not Arnold Palmer. Arnie's famous quote about his tactics was "hit it,find it and hit it again".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here