Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Burnley vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
At the game today. Second half we looked good. Even first half we were ok but Burnley were better and had a couple of very good chances and were unlucky. But remember last season we didn’t win any games against bottom six, so to do it first time of asking, away from home is an absolutely massive result. UTA.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
It was a really good result - and everyone should rightly enjoy it - but it is only realistic to acknowledge that Brighton were lucky - and sometimes in football you need a bit of luck.

There are 37 games to go and I suspect the team will need a lot more luck. There is no evidence on today’s performance that they have made progress from last season and there is a £50million hole in the centre of the defence. Here is hoping there will be many more good results and the soft underbelly from last season isn’t repeated.

No need to get carried away of course - it’s Burnley (A) and we struggled in the first half. But some good evidence - Potter changed tactics and team to win a game and Dyche couldn’t respond , we beat Burnley which we failed to do last season, we came from behind to win a match - which we did only once last season, and we did it without Veltman, Welbeck, Burn, Lamptey but that showed off depth of squad (Moder, Alzate and Mac A)

But yep. Long way to go and also with some of our best players to come back within weeks and at least 2 key signings likely within 2 weeks ! - wrong to pass verdict just yet !

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
It goes both ways. Last season we were very unlucky but today we weren’t. We have made progress because we would have lost this game in previous seasons but we turned a gash first half into an excellent second half.

£50 million hole in the defence … really! I think not based upon Ben white’s performance yesterday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ben White is used to playing and doing well in a much better defence!

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Considering the amount of players we have out and hopefully some re-enforcements to come in, it's comforting to know a mismatch Brighton team can still dominate the ball and win games against fellow decent prem sides. We took control of the game from the 60th minute, before that we were second best. However, overall we deserved the win.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
We lost the first half, but won the second. We came away with 3 points. Burnley came away with 0.

You make your own luck. We played really well at times last year and came away with nothing. If all we improve this year is the fine margins, that’s a massive step in the right direction.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Good result - but being realistic, it was a lucky result. Burnley should have been out of sight in the first half. The second half was a lot better - but there are still some serious questions about the squad.

you are tedious, the most enigmatic thing about you is "why are you still here?"

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
:wrong::wrong::wrong::smokin::smokin::smokin::lolol::lolol::lolol:

A43EEE72-4C1D-4C4E-AED8-5821D7882FAB.png

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Sanchez looked shakey in the first half but it is his first PL game with away fans in the stadium, so can give him some slack.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Making good time, at Oxford services now, the first 60 minutes reminded me of when Danny Shitu (of all people) owned us at the AMEX.

The last 30 minutes reminded me why I love the Albion.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I appreciate Sanchez had a shaky first half but massive credit to him for the last 10/15 minutes. Those claims he made fron crosses were massive, gave me so much confidence we’d hold out so it must have been the same for the defence.

I expected some real scares in the last few minutes but they just didn’t come, largely thanks to him.

I think all the greatest keepers make horrendous mistakes like all other keepers but have Nicklas Bendtner levels of confidence and consequently, it has no effect on them whatsoever and they go straight back to being great.

Whisper it, but I think we may have one :wink:

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
It was a really good result - and everyone should rightly enjoy it - but it is only realistic to acknowledge that Brighton were lucky - and sometimes in football you need a bit of luck.

There are 37 games to go and I suspect the team will need a lot more luck. There is no evidence on today’s performance that they have made progress from last season and there is a £50million hole in the centre of the defence. Here is hoping there will be many more good results and the soft underbelly from last season isn’t repeated.

Jesus Christ, not allowed to say we were unlucky in so many games last season, we get a decent result away from home and it’s lucky. Honestly, who makes this shit up!!?? :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here