Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Burnley vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
The game is vital if we have any aspirations of finishing in the top 15 , carpe diem chaps .

Absolutely! And we must remember that from next season there is one less relegation candidate in the mix, as ‘The Mighty Leeds’ will of course be up top fighting for the title. Therefore, it is important we lay this marker as an established top 15 side.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Anyone tempted to watch a different match this afternoon? So much at stake at the bottom, whereas ours is almost guaranteed 0-0, 1-1 or a 1-0 going either way.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
The aim must be to finish as high and and with as many points as possible, dead rubber or not. Worst end of season game I can remember was that snooze fest at Milton Keynes a few years back. Hopefully no repeat of that today. They have a few key players missing so we 'maybe' have a chance of nicking something if we're up for it. My tea leaves prediction suggests a 2-0 win.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
It's probably a good job there'll be no fans at the West Ham vs Villa game. I heard that the last time this fixture was played there was claret everywhere. ???

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Seagulls over Dubai will be meeting up as usual. Fancy dress optional, though with some of the usual garb on display it wouldn't be much different to normal.

We'll be joined by a Burnley mate who on occasion fits the NSC stereotype, so expect fireworks off the pitch if there aren't exactly too many on it.

I'm just hoping we can get through taking the knee before it all kicks off in more ways than one. :smile:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
As I said before, I think, and hope, we go out and play to win . . . End the season on. High, injury free and in a good place for the restart

Burnley may score, but we'll score at least one more.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Phone, Tablet, Laptop & TV. Decision is which game on which screen. Albion on big screen first half for sure but swop for another game second.
Imagine
70th Min. B'muff lead 1:0. Watford & Villa both loosing 1:0 It's all on GD and Goals For.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Indeed, just need to decide which platform for which match

ezgif.com-resize.gif

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
When asked about Burnley in his press conference, Graham Potter offered praise and rejection of the usual criticisms of Dyche's style: https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...g-style-disrespectful-epl-table-a9637456.html

Compare that with the weak beer response that Dyche gave (8:10 to 8:50) when asked whether he thought Potter had done a good job: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAeYbjWMyQo

I wondered why Dyche didn't feel able to mutter a few platitudes instead of talking about management in general, perhaps his usual grinding feeling of resentment when he imagines that these media liked footballing type managers don't have it as tough as he does. 'Potter may not be foreign, but he certainly acts like it. I bet he drinks lattes.....Grrr'

Then I saw the news breaking about Lallana and wondered if Dyche had heard that Potter may have beaten him to the signing: (https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/adam-lallana-transfer-race-hots-22091086). 'Grrr, why should he get any credit. He has it easy. His club supports and helps him. Our lot wouldn't even shell out for Dale Stephens....and I'm way above him in the table. What about me? What about the job I've done? grind grind grind. Better not say anything... grind grind. I'll say that all managers work hard in a way that seems to suggest that I work hardest.'

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not available on TV for me (subscription only channel). Not really bothered - will have the commentary from AlbionTV, plus following it on here. That'll be plenty for a very low key affair.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
I think I've sussed it... Albion on a stream, with the sound down. Final Score on TV, with the sound up.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
My interest in this game will be piqued once I see GP’s Tombola ball has given Ali J a start ::thumbsup:

Mexican Seagull

Jan 16, 2013
Mexico City
A post Breakfast morning game here, will though be zapping a bit the other games as they are all on - good old Sky!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here