Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Burnley VAR

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think, based simply on how long it has taken to introduce and how it has been implemented, there are still people within football governance who are reluctant to embrace VAR/technology, and are fighting it all the way. Or at the very least, various faction each stubbornly resisting anything that goes how they want it (FIFA want refs to look at pitch-side monitors, premier league are against it, I think it only happened once this season on the back of a lot of calls following a controversial decision, and some european fixtures in which it was done).

I think those contradictions are a part of why it is such a mess and there is such dissatisfaction with it.

This. It has long been my view that people (referees? EPL?) are sabotaging VAR by sticking with rules and rubrics that don't make sense and don't work.

I would add that this sabotage is futile because VAR will not go away and, consequently, is a pernicious injury to the game.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
He did, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a penalty. I'd certainly have given it. I think it was clumsy from Stephens really.

well thank f*ck you weren't the ref. Where is the cut off between diving and looking for it.

the analogy I would put up is driver changed into your lane abruptly and you rear ended him.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
well thank f*ck you weren't the ref. Where is the cut off between diving and looking for it.

the analogy I would put up is driver changed into your lane abruptly and you rear ended him.

That is a TERRIBLE analogy to use, to defend your point - if you rear end someone, you WILL be held at least partly accountable, whatever the other driver's actions / lack of signalling, etc. Its your responsibility to watch the road in front, and be able to stop if necessary.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
That is a TERRIBLE analogy to use, to defend your point - if you rear end someone, you WILL be held at least partly accountable, whatever the other driver's actions / lack of signalling, etc. Its your responsibility to watch the road in front, and be able to stop if necessary.

not if they cut across you from side and are not driving responsibly and you have a witness or a camera to prove it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here