Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burnley Tickets

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Just over 400 tickets currently on sale.

Guess they will open up the last couple of blocks after easter. Looks like its gonna be a busy match. If Burnley had any sort support we'd be talking a sell-out.

Bit harsh. Burnley's actually a pretty small place in population terms (about 72,000 people at the last census), easily the smallest town with a current Championship football team. In context, Leeds is about ten times bigger, Brighton & Hove over three times the size, and it's only about 9,000 more people than live in Bognor Regis.

They've been, admittedly looking back through the dim mists of antiquity, a fine old club, founder members of the Football League. It's a 1230 kick off and presumably an expensive old day for their fans. They might not bring two thousand, but equally, I don't think they warrant the sort of stick that Reading so deservedly received.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Bit harsh. Burnley's actually a pretty small place in population terms (about 72,000 people at the last census), easily the smallest town with a current Championship football team. In context, Leeds is about ten times bigger, Brighton & Hove over three times the size, and it's only about 9,000 more people than live in Bognor Regis.

They've been, admittedly looking back through the dim mists of antiquity, a fine old club, founder members of the Football League. It's a 1230 kick off and presumably an expensive old day for their fans. They might not bring two thousand, but equally, I don't think they warrant the sort of stick that Reading so deservedly received.

Bit harsh, Edna, supporters don't always live where their team are from.........

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Heard they teamed up with milwall in Berlin and got a good battering ...oh well i hope our netting holds up !probrually deserved it. That aside i reckon 1400 with an amex crowd of 29600

Great. The more the merrier. Hadn't got round to listening yet so wouldn't have known.

If this is so then we can expect a 28k plus crowd. I suspect they have been allocated C and D in the south which I think holds about 1350. This means we can still have half of F if required which will leave the whole of A in the corner and the other half of F as sterile and let us sell B to Burnley fans who make a late decision to come.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
If this is so then we can expect a 28k plus crowd. I suspect they have been allocated C and D in the south which I think holds about 1350. This means we can still have half of F if required which will leave the whole of A in the corner and the other half of F as sterile and let us sell B to Burnley fans who make a late decision to come.

ATM only S1F on sale for Albion but from yesterday to today it's gone from 300+ to only 90 left so expect more to be opened up with a week to go.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

I think Bentford had C & D with 1453 fans and there were gaps. Maybe that had A & B as well? I think S1F has about 600 seats.

Brentfordfans_3567.JPG

Last edited:

I think Bentford had C & D with 1453 fans and there were gaps. Maybe that had A & B as well? I think S1F has about 600 seats.

View attachment 73301

I was working on the basis that before the corners were filled in the south stand had a capacity of about 2600 so about 650 per central block. I can't remember what the corners added. From the picture tho only half of D has been used so I suspect they also used B as well. So probably B C and half of D again.

On a side note, should we get promoted, do you think the sterile areas will become smaller with that increased demand?

I notice the like of even Arsenal when they play Spurs have no more than a couple of rows of segregation.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
I was working on the basis that before the corners were filled in the south stand had a capacity of about 2600 so about 650 per central block. I can't remember what the corners added. From the picture tho only half of D has been used so I suspect they also used B as well. So probably B C and half of D again.

On a side note, should we get promoted, do you think the sterile areas will become smaller with that increased demand?

I notice the like of even Arsenal when they play Spurs have no more than a couple of rows of segregation.

Each block behind the goal is about 560.

Jul 7, 2003

I think Barber alluded to this in his Q&A the other week. It was something to do with the stadium licencing and that we were allowed more scope the longer we had the stadium without any major incidents.

Jan 10, 2014

You could also say that a fan of a club who get 26,000 average at home and who brought 375 t'Turf this season, should know better in this dick measuring contest.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Yeah it should be a decent crowd, and rightly so, it's a very important game. 1200 from Burnley wouldn't be a bad turn out for such an early start.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
You could also say that a fan of a club who get 26,000 average at home and who brought 375 t'Turf this season, should know better in this dick measuring contest.

More to do with how attractive a place to visit Burnley is (ground, town and fans all horrible). I'd be happy never to have to go there again.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

With due respect, Burnley is a long way for a first half of season game, and is a club with an away fanbase who travel on average over 100 miles less per match than us over the course of a season (assuming they're actually from Burnley). Also factor in there are plenty of your fans around the London area, even down here. Pretty sure you haven't seen many Brighton fans in and around Lancashire.

But yes, tape measures away.

Jan 10, 2014
More to do with how attractive a place to visit Burnley is (ground, town and fans all horrible). I'd be happy never to have to go there again.

Think yourself lucky that you have a choice.

I've been forced and totally brainwashed but it's all about saving the Panda these days and not the innocent Burnley fans.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
There's about 315 seats still unsold around the ground, plus S1E and S1D not currently yet on sale (if Burnley don't need them). I imagine we're on target for about 29k max.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here