Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Burnley (Home) - fans of the Clarets not keen then?!

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
Seems way OTT, and a bit snobbish. They're a small but significant club with a more glorious history than Brighton. I’ve been to Turf Moor just once, when I went with a Huddersfield-supporting mate to watch them in some cup competition. I was living in Leeds at the time. This was about 30 years ago and things may have changed, but I loved the atmosphere in the ground and the authenticity of the stadium and fans. We had a few beers in a local working men’s club before the game. Yes, it was like living in a sitcom for a couple of hours but I love that feeling. Many people seem to look down their noses at traditional working class people on lower incomes, and those perceived as less sophisticated than we are. Sounds patronising, so I apologise for that, but I feel a bit sorry for Burnley and their fans. It’s a small club, massively overshadowed by the big Manchester and Liverpool clubs yet they’ve managed to hold their own (more or less) for much of their history. I don’t hope they get relegated but they need to start winning the odd match to have any chance of survival. I suspect their owners may splash a bit of cash in the new year.
f*** em!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here