Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burnley fan here

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I genuinely cannot hate Burnley becuase of Reading 2014. However, I'll still be PNE's hugest fan tomorrow night.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
And another misconception is that we are a dirty team. We are bottom when it comes to yellow and red cards!
Firstly, Barton getting away with some of his challenges does not mean they're not dirty. Secondly, a lot of yellow cards will have been given out for shirt pulling, professional (but not dangerous) fouls, kicking the ball away etc. Maybe Burnley don't do much of that, but Barton is certainly a thug.

Hoping you lose and someone stamps on Barton's face.
Fixed.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I'm a bag of nerves going into our game tomorrow. How are you lot feeling?
Relaxed today, but on Saturday I'll be very nervous. Naturally want you and Middlesbrough to drop some points.

You'll find a lot of anger here about Mr Barton, but to be honest I don't mind who finishes higher out of Burnley or Boro.

burnleyfan57

Apr 13, 2016
Relaxed today, but on Saturday I'll be very nervous. Naturally want you and Middlesbrough to drop some points.

You'll find a lot of anger here about Mr Barton, but to be honest I don't mind who finishes higher out of Burnley or Boro.

Barton is a divisive figure, but just look at how Leicester fans are defending Jamie Vardy despite him being the next Tom Daley. That's how football works!

And as has been mentioned, you can't fault Dyche being totally professional in our last game against Reading. Despite being promoted, you could see the players wanted to win the game and their was genuine disappointment when it was only a draw despite being in front. How many other managers would care about a meaningless game?

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Barton is a divisive figure, but just look at how Leicester fans are defending Jamie Vardy despite him being the next Tom Daley. That's how football works!

And as has been mentioned, you can't fault Dyche being totally professional in our last game against Reading. Despite being promoted, you could see the players wanted to win the game and their was genuine disappointment when it was only a draw despite being in front. How many other managers would care about a meaningless game?

I'd say any that had the tiniest bit of self respect or gave crap about football, so 99%.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Barton is a cowardly thug, but just look at how Leicester fans are defending Jamie Vardy despite him being the next Tom Daley. That's how football works!

Corrected for you.

burnleyfan57

Apr 13, 2016
I still don't understand why you've got it in for Dyche when all he does his protect his players.

Look at Claudio Ranieri, a breath of fresh air in the PL with his genuine comments this season, yet he's defended Jamie Vardy, saying he gets kicked from pillar to post and deserves more protection from referee's. Yet everyone else in football knows Jamie Vardy is a just cheat, not only trying to get penalties but get players sent off, doing it week in, week out.

But if you can't see that it's a managers job to protect his players you don't understand football at all!

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Barton is a dangerous thug and Dyche protects a thug. That's the only reason I dislike him. Diving is unsportsmanlike but at least it will not ruin another players livelihood.

I still don't understand why you've got it in for Dyche when all he does his protect his players.

Look at Claudio Ranieri, a breath of fresh air in the PL with his genuine comments this season, yet he's defended Jamie Vardy, saying he gets kicked from pillar to post and deserves more protection from referee's. Yet everyone else in football knows Jamie Vardy is a just cheat, not only trying to get penalties but get players sent off, doing it week in, week out.

But if you can't see that it's a managers job to protect his players you don't understand football at all!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I like Burnley and Dyche.

Barton was outplayed by Kayal at the Amex so resorted to 'Nasty Joey' in the same way he behaved against City when they won the Premier League.

In the main he is a decent player, which is why his fellow professionals put him in their PFA team of the season the other night.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Find it pretty pathetic TBH the way managers defend players, better to say little if they are clearly in the wrong

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I still don't understand why you've got it in for Dyche

I used to quite admire what he has done but watching the angry aggressive loudmouth complaining and berating the 4th official throughout the game at the Amex whilst you were being outplayed was a sight to behold. I suggest he is a bully boy with dinosaur tactics which are working for you so I can see why you all love him. I would hate him to manage the Albion though. We used to have a loudmouth moaning manager but at least his team played good football.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Please don't compare diving with thuggery.

Apparently Dyche is a decent chap, but on camera whilst naturally defending his team, he does come across as a complete knob!

In answer to your post, just worried constantly......

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't really have an issue with Dyche. Don't like Barton much though - he turns into a thug when he's being outplayed, and thus has absolutely no class.

Anyway...

"PEEEEEEE EN EEEEE,
peeee en eee, peeee en eee, peeee en eee..."

etc etc

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Like many have said, Barton is just a mindless, brainless thug and Dyche is constantly aggressive towards the 4th official and linesman, a touchline thug who I can only describe as a long ball manager. He belongs to the Graham Taylor era.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
I used to like Barton and Dyche, but that changed after we played them, their behavior that day was appalling. As mentioned the manager spend the whole game in the 4th officials ear and if you watch the game back, you will see him talking to the thug just prior to the stamp on Kayal and then attempted to elbow him and then went down holding his face when he was not hit in the face (so unlike crown green bowlers, who don't cheat and act likes thugs, so you are right Joey). I agree that most managers protect their players, so is that right, of course not, lucky we have a manager with dignity. As for the Burnley style of football, its not what I want to watch, but 20 games unbeaten is a mixture of being good, hard work and dare I say intimidation of refs as I have never seen a manager so in the face of the 4th official and I have watched Steve Evans?. I Think that Burnley will go up and so will we, and I know who will do better in the premiership as class will always overcome in the end.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
managers generally publicly defend their players because if they don't they risk upsetting team morale and splitting the dressing room (look at the reaction a manager gets when he blames his players). In the case of Barton I'm sure Dyche was also concerned that if he said something along the lines of "Joey stamped on the player which is disgraceful" then there could have been some retrospective FA action involved.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I am absolutely loving it after last season we have already exceeded expectations so anything else is icing on the cake - we a have the least pressure of the 3 so I am going to try and enjoy every minute.

As for who I want to go up with us IF we do it - I really don't care its all about Brighton for me the others can fight it out between then.

Barton is a complete and utter cock and football would be better off without him shame really as he does have talent just not as much as King Kayal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here