pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

IMG_7049.jpeg

🤦‍♂️

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
They haven't put much effort into their research: "Top flight status was eventually achieved in 1982, though it only lasted for one season"

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I did not even bother reading that. I hate Burnley and their knuckle dragging supporters. If there is one team I want to see plummet back to obscurity it’s them.
I can't speak for their fans, but this modern version of Burnley is vastly different to Sean Dyche's era, they actually play football that is easy on the eye.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
TBH they don’t need to put the effort in, not like most of their fans communicate beyond the use of grunts

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I can't speak for their fans, but this modern version of Burnley is vastly different to Sean Dyche's era, they actually play football that is easy on the eye.
Yep. Totally transformed. Only a couple of seasons ago they normally fielded an all-white eleven. Like Blackburn when Uncle Jack owned them. Now they have a totally cosmopolitan squad, a black manager, and play exciting attacking football. Not sure how the support will cope in the long term but they seem pretty happy at the moment. And I say that as someone who had angry old gammon fists waved at me as I drove out of their car park after we beat them first game of the season circa 2003.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Yep. Totally transformed. Only a couple of seasons ago they normally fielded an all-white eleven. Like Blackburn when Uncle Jack owned them. Now they have a totally cosmopolitan squad, a black manager, and play exciting attacking football. Not sure how the support will cope in the long term but they seem pretty happy at the moment. And I say that as someone who had angry old gammon fists waved at me as I drove out of their car park after we beat them first game of the season circa 2003.
Dwight McNeil hardly missed a game for years, and Maxwell Cornet was a regular two seasons ago as well. Why on earth would you think the support would care about having a black manager and playing attacking football?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Dwight McNeil hardly missed a game for years, and Maxwell Cornet was a regular two seasons ago as well. Why on earth would you think the support would care about having a black manager and playing attacking football?
1. The "some of my best friends are black" gambit.

2. I have no idea what the support care about.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
1. The "some of my best friends are black" gambit.

2. I have no idea what the support care about.
I think when someone suggests there are no black players in the side, then to point out that two of the players were black or mixed race is a simple statement of fact, not a gambit.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think when someone suggests there are no black players in the side, then to point out that two of the players were black or mixed race is a simple statement of fact, not a gambit.
You're right. Two's plenty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here