Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burnley face competition from Wolves for Ashley Barnes

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
and no ones made an offer anyway...1st day of 'window' these rumours will continue column inches to fill

Happy New Year Lamie. The next few days of rumours are going to be fun.:falmer:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
or he could pitch up ..not score and become unpopular..i don't think that sort of thing will enter his head when making a decision

Just bare in mind his scoring record in league one, and the fact that he has scored his fair share of goals in The Championship, I would imagine he would do okay for himself at Wolves. I think it's a bit naive to suggest he wouldn't consider his status with the fans as it has been all too obvious from some of his goal celebrations that he feels he had a pint to prove to some our 'supporters'.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Just bare in mind his scoring record in league one, and the fact that he has scored his fair share of goals in The Championship, I would imagine he would do okay for himself at Wolves. I think it's a bit naive to suggest he wouldn't consider his status with the fans as it has been all too obvious from some of his goal celebrations that he feels he had a pint to prove to some our 'supporters'.

You are correct of course that his record is good...but thats history..who knows how he will do in another team...maybe even better i guess...as regards to being naive i don't agree, as i'm pretty sure he knows fans can be fickle from any club.....money and ambition will play a far bigger part

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
What if that 1/2 million enables us the keep Rohan Ince and stay within FFP ???

Complete and utter speculation!

What if? What if? What if Arsenal come in with a bid of £5M for Ince?

Let's try to keep some grasp on reality, we could all waste time speculating on a thousand different scenarios.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Complete and utter speculation!

What if? What if? What if Arsenal come in with a bid of £5M for Ince?

Let's try to keep some grasp on reality, we could all waste time speculating on a thousand different scenarios.

Wow. You are not going to enjoy the next month on here.

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
If we sold Barnes we will find it difficult to replace him. Good hard working forward with an excellent goals to game ratio. If we sold for say 750k we could never find someone as good for that money. I would keep him and I think he will continue to have a significant role in the team after return of CMS.

Jbanged

Jan 16, 2013
Barcelona
Half decent strikers go for more than a million, the club should be looking for just under 2 million. It's difficult to get in a new striker. Not sure if we should let him go.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
If we sold Barnes we will find it difficult to replace him. .

Candidate for the 2014 'Best comedy moment' already ...... my laughter has restarted my hangover headache that was just starting to ease.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
If we sold Barnes we will find it difficult to replace him. Good hard working forward with an excellent goals to game ratio. If we sold for say 750k we could never find someone as good for that money. I would keep him and I think he will continue to have a significant role in the team after return of CMS.

The problem being now is we settle for the 750k or risk getting nothing in the summer. So the 750k now would at least go towards buying another striker.
I really do not understand this contract gamble the club plays with players in their last year of contract. Unless the club have already accepted losing him for nothing.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
I am sure Barnes wants to start,the reason he may not sign is that will not be guaranteed a first pick place,best sell him now if that is the issue.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Candidate for the 2014 'Best comedy moment' already ...... my laughter has restarted my hangover headache that was just starting to ease.

Why? I know you're one of the anti Barnes crowd who think it is clever to attack him but how many strikers are there available at £750K who have his Championship experience. I almost hope he goes as then people like you will see how much we really miss him.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I am sure Barnes wants to start,the reason he may not sign is that will not be guaranteed a first pick place,best sell him now if that is the issue.

He wouldn't be guaranteed a start at Burnley either unless one of Vokes and Ings is sold. Let's hope he signs a new deal but I fear he may have had enough of the stick he gets from some fans and has decided to go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here