Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Burnley close to appointing Vincent Kompany as manager

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
I think it will be a great appointment.

Kompany has no managerial record to speak of, but that's to be expected. He's a young man in his first job. He is obviously a clever bloke, someone who can articulate his ideas well and clearly has recent contacts he can call on. That will give him a decent start in the championship

I think a bit more Gerrard than Hyppia

How is it his first job? Hasn’t he been at Anderlecht for the last 2 years?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
How is it his first job? Hasn’t he been at Anderlecht for the last 2 years?

He's currently in his first job. At Anderlecht. Nothing has been confirmed, re Burnley yet.

You can never tell with a young manager starting out, but Kompany seems to me to be the sort of bloke who there is every reason to think will have a good managerial career. For the reasons I gave, earlier. Bright, respected, will get good player in, etc etc

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Thought this would have been noted already

[tweet]1529505613532872706[/tweet]

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Wasn't Hyppia, before he came to us, working with some geezer who was later regarded as being the brains in the partnership. And then without that No 2 at Brighton (or Sammy Lee, who was due to be Hyppia's right hand man but legged it to Saints) Hyppia struggled here. I am not sure whether Kompany has got a similar right hand man at Anderlecht, so comparing his move to Burnley with Hyppia's to Brighton may not be the same thing.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Kompany probably wants to move back closer to his son.

[tweet]1529032057426694144[/tweet]

Wasn't Hyppia, before he came to us, working with some geezer who was later regarded as being the brains in the partnership. And then without that No 2 at Brighton (or Sammy Lee, who was due to be Hyppia's right hand man but legged it to Saints) Hyppia struggled here. I am not sure whether Kompany has got a similar right hand man at Anderlecht, so comparing his move to Burnley with Hyppia's to Brighton may not be the same thing.

That was Sascha Lewandowski, it started falling apart at Leverkusen when he moved back to coaching the youth team and Hyppia was left in sole charge of the first team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here