Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burning Flags

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
Wave England Flag= Racist pig

Burn Saudi Flag= Incitement to racial hatred and prison

Burn Danish flag whilst promising more suicide attacks= Understandable and justified anger

Discuss ???

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Well I hope our Preston Park union jack that will be on FULL display in Germany doesnt label us Racist pigs.

How can you be racist when you're waving the flag of Scotland, Wales & Northern Ireland as well as England? Unless you're doing it to mock the others for not reaching the finals but then surely that's just fun. Hmmm, toughie

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yawn

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
As an Englishman I am DEEPLY offended by the sight of a union flag at an England match. We are England, and in those circumstances we are nothing to do with the Scots or Northern Irish (or Welsh who aren't even represented on the union flag). Besides they'll all probably be supporting the other team anyway.

You might as well wave an EU flag.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
> Wave England Flag= Racist pig

According to who?!

> Burn Saudi Flag= Incitement to racial hatred and prison

In Britain?

> Burn Danish flag whilst promising more suicide attacks= Understandable and justified anger

Who says that's justified?

I think you're a Daily Mail reader - or just a bit confused.

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
"I think you're a Daily Mail reader - or just a bit confused."

I think you read the Guardian and have organic shoes.

Check the news tonight, flag burning in Sloane Square this afternoon.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Flag burning in London, eh? And...?!

Tell you what, discuss it with your teacher on Monday morning.

Cheers.

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
What teacher?

Talk to your mummy about it when you get back from your best friends house.

Have a good weekend, and heres to three points against Coventry

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Aside from the original, dubious nature of this thread. Did anyone ever watch the reality/hidden camera experiment programme on chl4, quite some time ago.
Simple premise, over 4 weeks a group of Brits, Germany, Yanks, & Japanese were subjected to a holiday from hell.

Anyway my point is, the last incitement was for the staff to leave & the national flag burnt.
The Yanks got very emotional over this, i seem to remember 1 woman close to tears even after the hoax was explained. She insisted on taking the charred remains home to bury it in American soil.

I couldn't ever see myself being that het up about a flag, (neither could any of the other Brits).

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
TrevorDove said:
Wozza said:

Tell you what, discuss it with your teacher on Monday morning.
TrevorDove said:

I think you read the Guardian and have organic shoes.
Wozza said:

I think you're a Daily Mail reader - or just a bit confused.

You both get NO POINTS for the insults.
Over to you Wozza and this time put some effort in to it for goodness sakes!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
TrevorDove said:
What teacher?

Have a good weekend, and heres to three points against Coventry
:clap:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
What makes me laugh about flag burners is that they have usually made it themselves so it looks nothing like the real thing, then when they finally get it to burn they stamp on it, resulting in bits of flag burnt into the bottoms of their shoes.

I think the best protest I have seen was when the Americans pulled down that huge statue of Saddam when they got to Baghdad, people took off their shoes to smack his face, perfect.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Eggmundo said:
You both get NO POINTS for the insults.
Over to you Wozza and this time put some effort in to it for goodness sakes!

Oh great, a nosey neighbour peering over the fence.

You reversed the order of the replies, you cock - he copied each of mine.

Anyway...

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Gully said:
What makes me laugh about flag burners is that they have usually made it themselves so it looks nothing like the real thing, then when they finally get it to burn they stamp on it, resulting in bits of flag burnt into the bottoms of their shoes.

This is very true. Flag burning - especially when likely to be covered on international news media - is definately s/thg that should be rehearsed. They usually have one bloke with a can of lighter fluid and then another with a zippo. Then they all jump about like they're at a 70's disco trying to put their flip-flops out. Where's the dignity in that?
Personally I have yet to attend a public flag-burning, but if I did then open-toed shoes would not be my footwear of choice. A nice pair of Timberlands would give you more "stamp" for your money.
:flameboun :flameboun < flag burners

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Stst Brother said:
Anyway my point is, the last incitement was for the staff to leave & the national flag burnt.
The Yanks got very emotional over this, i seem to remember 1 woman close to tears even after the hoax was explained. She insisted on taking the charred remains home to bury it in American soil.

I couldn't ever see myself being that het up about a flag, (neither could any of the other Brits).

Ever heard of cultural differences?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I believe the current NCS expression of choice is that people who burn flags and / or get upset about flags being burnt need to chill the f*** out.

...the words "life" and "too short" spring to mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here