Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burke pull your finger out

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Our 'small' budget has been added to to the tune of approx £14m so I am sure we could have got some quality in and still had, say £10m extra to put back towards whatever.

I'm sorry but whichever way you look at it, the OP is right on this.

Spot on. I'm sick of the rose-tinted-spectacle-wearing-club-apologist's excuses. If anything, these are the ones making NSC boring this summer with their oft repeated excuses for DB and his team's shortcomings.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Spot on. I'm sick of the rose-tinted-spectacle-wearing-club-apologist's excuses. If anything, these are the ones making NSC boring this summer with their oft repeated excuses for DB and his team's shortcomings.

Well, do tell us how you know precisely what DB and his team are doing on a day by day basis then?

Oh...you can't?

Shame.

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
Well, do tell us how you know precisely what DB and his team are doing on a day by day basis then?

Oh...you can't?

Shame.

Isn't that the point? He is supposedly trying to bring in players, working hard blah blah blah but the OP is saying that he is not doing his job quickly enough.

Many agree with this view.

Working hard is all very well but he is judged by results and so far he has not delivered enough for many supporters. If you are happy with him then great, everyone is entitled to their own opinion!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Isn't that the point? He is supposedly trying to bring in players, working hard blah blah blah but the OP is saying that he is not doing his job quickly enough.

Working hard is all very well but he is judged by results and so far he has not delivered enough for many supporters. If you are happy with him then great, everyone is entitled to their own opinion!

I don't blame people for feeling that they haven't done enough - i'm not saying whether he has done a good or a bad job (it's not my place). It's about expectations. I actually wrote a post about it in another thread and i'm too lazy to repeat myself :wink:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Anyone who thinks we will shell out for a CMS again whilst in the Championship does not understand FFP.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Oh...you can't?

Shame.

Performance is measured on results. I'd give them an 'E' so far. Upgraded from an 'F' now they've managed to sign Hughes and COG. 5 to go, and all of those will be tardy if they happen at all. I suppose you'd give them an 'A*'? If so, you'd be wrong.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Spot on.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Back in the day, before this whole Director of Football malarkey, we would be blaming Hyypia for not getting the players in. The one good thing about this system is that we know exactly who's responsible for our poor transfer activity (not just this window so far, but both summer and winter transfer windows last season).

If manager's are so expendable these days, surely Director's of Football are too. Hopefully he'll prove me wrong and get some cracking signings in before September, but I really have no confidence in the bloke after last season.

Malarkey is a word so under used. I'm going to use it all day.

Anyway - Joe Kinnear is available? Could do a job?:fishing:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Yawn. Another pointless thread. Why do people continually feel the need to start new threads rather than just contributing to the old ones? Nobody has anything new to say. Burke's apparently rubbish, we're going to struggle this season, hurry up blah blah blah. Pretty much what each thread has said.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If you want to blame someone for lack of, or rate of, signings then blame Tony Bloom.

You'd be stupid for doing so, but it's a more accurate place to throw your ignorance at than David Burke.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yawn. Another pointless thread. Why do people continually feel the need to start new threads rather than just contributing to the old ones? Nobody has anything new to say. Burke's apparently rubbish, we're going to struggle this season, hurry up blah blah blah. Pretty much what each thread has said.

And then a load of responses similar to your blinkered one - even more boring IMHO.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
If you want to blame someone for lack of, or rate of, signings then blame Tony Bloom.

You'd be stupid for doing so, but it's a more accurate place to throw your ignorance at than David Burke.

Why? I thought DB was responsible for player recruitment? And DB knows his budget constraints, doesn't he?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
BTW Bozza there was no need for you to use the word 'ignorance'. Sorry, but DB and his team are failing. Everyone is measured on results. His are poor.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yes but you're one of the ones shouting your mouth off all the time so you would see it that way. Do you really think that this needs so many threads on the same subject? Seriously?

This is a forum. Anyone can start a thread on whatever they like (more or less). And everyone is entitled to have their say on any thread. Perhaps you should blame the mods for not merging?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here