Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burgess Signs ....

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Icy Gull said:
It's much much easier to stick the blame on MM than look deeper I guess
Well said. I think there's a lot more to the " Burgess transfer" than is publicly known. Plus the striker signing is the one McGhee can't afford to get wrong. Burgess's injury record is terrible - that tells you it was a very risky deal for us.
That said, we must get someone in tomorrow.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Just thought I'd say that there's no mention of this transfer anywhere, not even on Blackpool's Official site. This follows Hull's chairman saying that he wasn't for sale.

Make of that what you will.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
bhaexpress said:
Just thought I'd say that there's no mention of this transfer anywhere, not even on Blackpool's Official site. This follows Hull's chairman saying that he wasn't for sale.

He said that no-one was for sale didn't he?... Not just Burgess?... However, two hours ago they sold Keith Andrews to MK Dons.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Trigger said:
He said that no-one was for sale didn't he?... Not just Burgess?... However, two hours ago they sold Keith Andrews to MK Dons.

Didn't sell.It was a free transfer:wave:

Rufio

Aug 19, 2006
bhaexpress said:

What I make of that is that the sites haven't been updated yet.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Rufio said:
What I make of that is that the sites haven't been updated yet.

Whatever, its way past going home time but Burgess won't be coming here, of that I am sure.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Radio Humberside have said he has signed for Blackpool for 100 grand :nono:

Last edited:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Only thing I can find is this

sign.jpg

Rufio said:
But it's Blackpool, not Chelsea?

True, but both have snow on their boots these days.

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
Tubthumper said:
What did you really expect? McGhee will now trot out the hackneyed excuses when the truth of the matter is that he is hopeless at scouting, targeting, persuading and getting players who will come to this club.

The guy is a prize f***ing idiot.

Finally, some sense. When are people going to start recognising McGhee is useless. The only thing he excells in is falling out with players!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
London Irish said:
You are bigger chump for thinking McGhee can magically get the board to open their wallets.

There is of course a third possibility here - that being neither McGhee or the board are at 'fault' for not signing Burgess.

Just a thought!

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Tubthumper said:
What did you really expect? McGhee will now trot out the hackneyed excuses when the truth of the matter is that he is hopeless at scouting, targeting, persuading and getting players who will come to this club.

The guy is a prize f***ing idiot.

From Today's Argus Tubthumper; As I said yesterday, there was more to this that we thought.

Dick Knight : "Burgess is ruled out because he will not come for a medical and I am not prepared to spend serious money without that."

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Sneaky George said:
From Today's Argus Tubthumper; As I said yesterday, there was more to this that we thought.

Dick Knight : "Burgess is ruled out because he will not come for a medical and I am not prepared to spend serious money without that."

well done the club :clap:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Fair play to the club then.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Sneaky George said:

Hmmm, who's the 'Prize f***ing Idiot' now Tubby ?

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Still nothing on the hull official site.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
'more to this than we thought'

Just like all the other transfers.

There is always, always a 'good' reason as to why McGhee doesn't sign the allusive striker isn't there. The truth of the matter is he aiming at strikers we don't have a cat-in-hells chance of signing, and doing all of his dealing in public which makes us look stupid.

Most people knew Burgess would not come to the Albion, just as we knew the long list of other strikers he had targeted so publicly wouldn't come here.

And you can interprete not wanting to come for a medical a number of ways. I will be highly surprised if he signs for another club without a medical.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here