Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burgess Hill Town versus Brighton and Hove Albion - Official Match Thread

stu7878

mid air general
Oct 9, 2008
Just back from the game.
i thought kevin... bobson? played good. bags of speed and not afraid to take people on. Final ball a bit lacking.
Barnes should have had a couple, fluffed his lines a bit on one certainly.
Kishishev looked solid.
Dont think brezovan was injured as suggested, didnt look it anyway.
Oh and liam dickinson was there watching.
Youngsters did well too.

Now your just taking the piss.

Yeah but...

OGH has been there and done it promotion wise, his experience is very much needed, whether it be for the younger players like Caskey and Dunk, to the foreign players like Baz and Calderon. He is NOT going to be playing regularly for the firs team, but to have him in the reserves and working around the first year pro's is a good idea.

Also wages wise he is not going to be on a lot at all, nowhere near enough to make Gus consider a signing too expensive due to OGH's wage demands.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Just back from the game.
i thought kevin... bobson? played good. bags of speed and not afraid to take people on. Final ball a bit lacking.
Kishishev looked solid.
Youngsters did well too.

Yep Brez, Walker and Poke (I think it was him anyway) played 30 minutes each. No injuries but Elphick was hobbling a bit after coming off

stu7878

mid air general
Oct 9, 2008
Oh and had a word with Calderon, who's english seems to have picked up since his famous facebook post. He arrived with the two argie boys and kind of looked after them all afternoon. They looked nervous!
And one more thing.... Holdroyd. Forgot he was there, even missed his half time penalty.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Also wages wise he is not going to be on a lot at all, nowhere near enough to make Gus consider a signing too expensive due to OGH's wage demands.

Value for money , surely we can afford £300 a week for OGH.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Yeah but...

OGH has been there and done it promotion wise, his experience is very much needed, whether it be for the younger players like Caskey and Dunk, to the foreign players like Baz and Calderon. He is NOT going to be playing regularly for the firs team, but to have him in the reserves and working around the first year pro's is a good idea.

Quite the opposite of what a friend of mine said. He went to watch a training session the other day and apparently harty just kept hacking other players down. He reckons it won't be long till harty seriously injures one of our key players.

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
Yeah but...

The comment you quoted was about Carole mate .

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Maybe the Hinsh Palace connection. Anyway still Brighton 1 Burgess Hill 0 (Burgess Hill win 5-3 on pens)

And Hart just missed from 1 yard

We won 1-0 but lost on penalties? How does that work?

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
We won 1-0 but lost on penalties? How does that work?

Penalty shootout at the end of each half.
Technically we drew on penalties as we won the 2nd shootout.......:shrug:

Feb 5, 2009
brighton
Just back from the game.
Kishishev looked solid.
Youngsters did well too.

i:thumbsup:
i agree!! also with dickinson was tunni and mcnulty aswell,they wernt in any sort of albion colours which i thought was strange,but could be they wernt playing maybe,but Bennett was there in his albion gear but didnt play

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Does that mean he actually got in the box? :ohmy:

Somehow in the first half he also managed to put what was the perfect cross to his feet straight at the keeper from no more than 3 yards out.
HOWEVER, did anyone see his turn/flick thingy? That was absolutely INCREDIBLE, even more so that it was him who did it.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
OGH gives us something different. He can play ANYWHERE and will just run and run and run. With a bench of 7 people we can have someone like Hart on there.

GK.
2 defenders
1CM
1Winger
Striker
Hart.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
If Hart gets a deal, we will have to be down to the bare bones before he gets anywhere near the bench.

i very much doubt that, he looks incredibly physically fit - as do pretty much all of the players we have left from last season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here