Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burgess Hill Town FC Saved

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Excellent news.

Let's hope the local residents who have been complaining at every opportunity also join in the new approach and togetherness.

And let's hope a new home can be found sooner rather than later.

Excellent.

I hope the council have learned at least two lessons from this.

1. That the survival of a 125 year old local football club MATTERS to the community;

2. That if you start throwing eviction notices around, instead of DEALING with landlord and tenant issues, you'll be as popular as Old Nick Hoogstraten.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
interesting to note gary croydon had no part in the discussions - shows what can be done when both sides sit down and sort it out, something that he doesnt seem to like doing

looking forward to our pre season game there now as well :clap:

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Great news. Lets hope they also find them a new ground and who knows where they could end up in the future.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Excellent news! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Maybe next season will be a good one for the Hillians now, this news will have given them a MASSIVE boost. They have had a good season, and without their point deduction they would have finished close to a playoff place. I fancy them to challenge for a playoff spot again next year!

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Good news indeed at least for a year or two although the council still sound fairly determined to find the club somewhere else and claim the land.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Good news indeed at least for a year or two although the council still sound fairly determined to find the club somewhere else and claim the land.

Well let's just hope the club have learned from the way the council have behaved this time round, and if it happens again they should have a contingency plan.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Great News :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

The only problem is I need a new name for our REMF Golf Team :lol:

Kenneth Wattle

Aug 31, 2007
Sorry, I meant to put in my original post to watch out- the website is truly dreadful! Soooo 1990's!

COME ON THE HILLIANS! The barmy army + inflatable Homer Simpson will be back!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here