Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bundesliga - Dortmund 2 wins from the title

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Dortmund were absolutely dreadful today. They looked lethargic and clueless going forward. It reminded me of us and that infamous home game against nine man Walsall.
I got the impression that their game plan was to annihilate Mainz within the first 20 minutes and then relax and enjoy the celebrations. They played like it was the final 5 minutes of the game from the referee's whistle, leaving themselves vulnerable on the counter to an efficient team.

Reminiscent of the Everton game, where things happen that just aren't part of the script. Conceding from a corner, missing a penalty, not being given a stonewall second penalty and then conceding again on the counter. From that point on, they were playing against 11 men parked in the box, requiring something different like an Enciso type player to unpick them.

What I didn't get was having Bellingham on the bench but not using him. I understand having an injured player on the bench and planning to only use him in an emergency. The second half was that emergency! If they weren't going to bring him on in a game like that, then I'm not sure what the point of having him on the bench was at all.

Gutted for them today. I wanted Dortmund and Coventry to win and I got neither!

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Oh well, Bayern will now spend lots more, pinch everyone’s best players and win the title for ten more years.

France and Germany, thank fck we haven’t reached that …. yet!
We're getting close to that. Man City have won 5 out of the last 6 titles.

Liverpool missed out twice in recent years despite reaching over 90 points.

Arsenal for most of this season were similar on points as Barcelona and Napoli in La Liga and Serie A, and like those two sides had a dip in form. But unlike their Spanish and Italian counterparts, Arsenal had no margin of error at all, so their slip up cost them.

Teams need to have near perfect seasons to win the EPL, thanks to City and their financial doping.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Oh well, Bayern will now spend lots more, pinch everyone’s best players and win the title for ten more years.

France and Germany, thank fck we haven’t reached that …. yet!
City look like they're going to be dominant here for years to come which is rubbish, but the German league really is shit - Munich over 30 titles and Dortmund next with only 8!

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
We're getting close to that. Man City have won 5 out of the last 6 titles.

Liverpool missed out twice in recent years despite reaching over 90 points.

Arsenal for most of this season were similar on points as Barcelona and Napoli in La Liga and Serie A, and like those two sides had a dip in form. But unlike their Spanish and Italian counterparts, Arsenal had no margin of error at all, so their slip up cost them.

Teams need to have near perfect seasons to win the EPL, thanks to City and their financial doping.
Yep, which is why I don't think arsenal bottled it. Did better than anyone expected and like you said had a dip in form as the champions of other leagues had at some point, but City are such a force it cost them.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
19 of the last 25 titles have gone to Bayern, what a bore.
Absolutely. Football is only special when different teams win things. I really don’t understand the mindset of Citeh fans, or any of the 6 richest, when dominating. As for Scottish football…weird. Just weird. Dull as.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here