Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bumble bee

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I have baby strawberries on my strawberry plant and hubby cut the grass today. People in T shirts on the street and spotted an elderly couple sitting outside a pub eating their lunch today in Brighton... in December. Definitely odd

Stop changing the clocks, add a couple more degrees on top of what we've been having and we'll be loving winter!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Feel sad for the bees that will be destroyed when we hit a cold patch, as will the daffs. But at least the fecking grass will stop growing!!

Daffodils are not destroyed by frost or snow. They go into stasis and then start growing again when the weather thaws.

How, exactly, does changing the clocks affect the weather?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Daffodils are not destroyed by frost or snow. They go into stasis and then start growing again when the weather thaws.

How, exactly, does changing the clocks affect the weather?

No, no you got me wrong. I meant if we start get 60 degree plus weather in winter then lets stop changing the clocks, have later evenings and sit out the back sparking up the barbie!

As for flora and fauna I am ashamed to say I have no idea (hayfever kind of makes you hate flowery things).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No, no you got me wrong. I meant if we start get 60 degree plus weather in winter then lets stop changing the clocks, have later evenings and sit out the back sparking up the barbie!

As for flora and fauna I am ashamed to say I have no idea (hayfever kind of makes you hate flowery things).

We already change the clocks in Spring to get longer evenings. GMT ie. winter time is the correct time.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
It's the 23rd of December and there's a bumble bee flying about in my garden.

Can't remember that ever happening before.

That is all.

If there's more than one, it's probably a sign of global swarming.

...gets coat (actually, it's too warm for that) :clap:

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Only if you leave the door open?

They've managed to figure out squeezing under the door. It's a family of them. They just keep coming back. I haven't the heart to kill them, I just keep putting them out in the garden only for them to return every bloody time!

I thought the winter was supposed to get rid of them? Every other winter has.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
It's just weather always changing nothing to see move on

Except the weather hasn't changed for weeks and weeks now; it's gotten quite tedious - endless cloud, rain, and ultra-mild (but very strong) south-westerly winds.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Isn't this the warmest December on record?

I'm sure it will be; no cold weather is forecast for the next week, with daytime temperatures staying in the low to mid-teens, so the overall December average is surely going to be the highest on record by far.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
It's FOURTEEN degrees in Toronto today. Where the F*** is the snow?
They're saying it's going to be the warmest Nov/Dec on record here.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Metcheck presently on just under 10 c day night average. It should be just under 5 c

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This December in Brighton it is likely the daytime maximum will be in double figures all 31 days. It has never happened before or even come close

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here