bullshit about Grant Hall on Albion website

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Debutant Hall's Amazing Turnaround
Posted on: Sat 07 Jan 2012

By Will Jago

A first senior Albion start for Grant Hall in today's FA Cup third round will complete an amazing turnaround for the young defender, after he was released by the club as a 16-year-old schoolboy.

Told he hadn't done enough to win a full-time scholarship, the central defender joined Lewes. He played for them in the Blue Square Premier and South divisions and his impressive form with the Rooks prompted a u-turn from Albion, as a year later Martin Hinshelwood offered Brighton-born Hall a second chance with the club's youth team.

Hall, who made his first senior appearance as a substitute against Southampton last Monday, told seagulls.co.uk, "It's great for me and I've been waiting a long time for my chance.

"It was difficult when I was released and I was upset, but I did expect it. I wasn't the same players back then that I am now. I didn't have the confidence in myself and I knew it was coming. I got another chance and I just want to prove myself."

The 20-year-old admitted that he has no qualms about his release four years ago, and paid tribute to former Albion skipper Danny Cullip, as well as the-then Lewes coaching staff for helping him win a second chance at the Albion.

"I went to Lewes and that was a turning point. I got my first-team opportunities there and my confidence grew under Jason Hopkinson, Steve Ibbitson and Kev Keehan. They gave me chances so I owe a lot to them for the start of my career.

"When I got released Hinsh said that I didn't impose myself enough and that was a fair comment. I wasn't ready back then - but I played with the likes of Danny Cullip and Antony Barness who had both played in the league and that helped me as well. They told me to keep going and working hard because a chance would come along, and it did.

"I played next to Danny a bit and he's a great player to have alongside you. I was only 16 and 17 when I played with him and he was always talking to me. He had a massive impact in the changing room too."

Hall returned to Albion after a short trial, and despite interest from Gillingham, Ipswich and Charlton, had no hesitation in signing for the Seagulls for a second time. Now his aim is to win another deal by impressing Gus Poyet.

"I didn't expect to come on against Southampton but I got the chance and I felt I did alright. It was the perfect time for me to make my debut because Southampton had just gone down to ten men, so I just had to do the basics well.

"Hopefully I can prove myself today because I want to stay here. I want to earn a new contract at the end of this season so I need to try and keep myself involved with the first team."

Nov 20, 2003
hove
it makes out that Hwood saw the light and brought him back when it was steve brown who cdnt belive he was let go ,I know he was sacked but at least the club could give him a bit of credit on that one ,quite a few other instances went on during browns stay and he started to rock the boat the rest is history .

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Someone got released and was brought back, hardly a scandal is it? Are you his dad?

Nov 20, 2003
hove
no its not but there you go its what nsc is call about debate and opinions ,no im not is dad but will be yours if you pay me enough big boy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here