Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Building works

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There must have been some regular season ticket holders occupying some of these seats previously, and given the plum location they must have been long time Albion supporters….what happened to them? Were they moved out/offered a renewal in a different location?

Last edited:

oxymoron

NSC Patron
Feb 25, 2011
There must have been some season ticket holders occupying some of these seats previously, and given the plum location they must have been long time Albion supporters….what happened to them? Were they moved out/offered a renewal in a different location?
Reliable source has told me ten thousand pounds for a season ticket food by the local master chef winner included in the deal

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Just spend the bloody money on a striker, #furious :mad:
Perhaps once they've made the entire West Stand into 1901 type hospitality, together with the North and South West corners then the revenue from matchday corporate tickets will be sufficient to sign a new striker.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
There must have been some regular season ticket holders occupying some of these seats previously, and given the plum location they must have been long time Albion supporters….what happened to them? Were they moved out/offered a renewal in a different location?
Yeah, Chelsea’s paid them to sit at The Shed End to sing and wave flags - everyone can be bought for the right price apparently 🙄

Last edited:

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I really hope that no long term fans are being moved to accommodate the day-tripper tourists with more money than sense.

My objection to safe-standing (after long supporting the idea) is because we wouldn't be able to do it NOW without unseating long standing STHs....and that would just be plain wrong.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
All I wanted was Thai noodles………… They bloody said that….. I read it someone…..I swear.

I WANT MY NOODLES NURSE RATCHET !!!!

el punal

I really hope that no long term fans are being moved to accommodate the day-tripper tourists with more money than sense.

My objection to safe-standing (after long supporting the idea) is because we wouldn't be able to do it NOW without unseating long standing STHs....and that would just be plain wrong.
I doubt that any long term fans are being moved, purely on the basis that we would have heard the complaints by now. Why are you so resentful about “day tripper tourists”? Your rather condescending dig seems to be that watching the Albion is a closed shop. Just remember that your one off day tripper tourist could then become a life long supporter - surely that is something we should be pleased about? I would also point out how many fans from Ecuador and Japan have attended recent games, and no doubt influenced others in their own countries to follow Brighton - no bad thing, eh?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I think those are the ones Chelsea has bought.
Don't worry. I've heard that we have offered all 4 corner flags improved contracts to ward off any approach. Sadly it's only a matter of time before Piglets Pantry are off to be ' Global Centre of Pie Talent Management '

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington

But by that logic, we can't ever make any significant improvements to the stadium.
As long as it's flagged well in advance, and the STH effected is given the option to by an equivalent seat at the same price, I don't see any problem with it.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
But by that logic, we can't ever make any significant improvements to the stadium.
As long as it's flagged well in advance, and the STH effected is given the option to by an equivalent seat at the same price, I don't see any problem with it.
So what about if we convert the NS to a safe-standing area and you had had a NS ST since day one. You enjoy your seat, you have become friends with those seated around you and you weren't fit enough (or even didn't want to) stand. Nobody should be forced to move against their will.

It would make us no better than palace when they moved out a huge block of STHs to accommodate the spotty hoddie oiks.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
So what about if we convert the NS to a safe-standing area and you had had a NS ST since day one. You enjoy your seat, you have become friends with those seated around you and you weren't fit enough (or even didn't want to) stand. Nobody should be forced to move against their will.

It would make us no better than palace when they moved out a huge block of STHs to accommodate the spotty hoddie oiks.
I really don't want to get into an argument about safe standing specifically.
I would say, that there's a difference between deliberately shifting people from their seats to favour others, and (as any club should do when rebuilding part of their stadium) doing as much as possible to accommodate people when making improvements to the seating/stands.
It's simply not true that any change to the ground would make us "no better than Palace".

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex
Ask the South East corner Family stand season ticket holders, been there since the stadium opened, who were forced out of their seats to inferior ones, groups broken up to facilitate the ( pre covid )plans for the North East corporate shelf and lounge if they agree.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Ask the South East corner Family stand season ticket holders, been there since the stadium opened, who were forced out of their seats to inferior ones, groups broken up to facilitate the ( pre covid )plans for the North East corporate shelf and lounge if they agree.
Oh ok, we'll leave the stadium exactly as it is until all of the existing STHs have died, and not sell any more Season Tickets (because we wouldn't want to get trapped in this cycle again), before we make any change that could conceivably irritate anybody even slightly.
Actually we should probably not make any changes even after they die, their seat should remain inviolate for all eternity as a memorial to their lives.
Football club, what's that?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Closer to chuck meat pies at certain players.

Poll for a new name. Current favorites are:
1. Doneover Boehly Lounge
2. Totally Boned Boehly's Bistro
3. Potters Grubby Grub Stop
4. Money Grabbing Sportswashers View

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex
Oh ok, we'll leave the stadium exactly as it is until all of the existing STHs have died, and not sell any more Season Tickets (because we wouldn't want to get trapped in this cycle again), before we make any change that could conceivably irritate anybody even slightly.
Actually we should probably not make any changes even after they die, their seat should remain inviolate for all eternity as a memorial to their lives.
Football club, what's that?
Sarcasm is the first resort of a fool.

Or c### su#"""g sycophant. Just how far up barbers a*&^ are you?

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Sarcasm is the first resort of a fool.

Or c### su#"""g sycophant. Just how far up barbers a*&^ are you?
Strictly speaking it's reductio ad absurdum.
I'll let you look up how far down my list of resorts I had to go to find that, you seem more familiar with it.
You can swear on the Internet you know. :lolol:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Disagree. I demand the opportunity to be outraged on behalf of someone I’ve never met.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Instead of The Dugout we could call it The BuyOut

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here