Bugger...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JCL

Better, Stronger, Faster
Jul 2, 2011
East of Eastbourne
just been told I'm at risk of being made redundant.... totally out of the blue! :(
:censored:

Anyone got a few grand they can lend me at zero percent without a hope of getting it back?...

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
just been told I'm at risk of being made redundant.... totally out of the blue! :(

Anyone got a few grand they can lend me at zero percent without a hope of getting it back?...

Tony Bloom has a track record of such generosity.

How long have you been in your current place of work? Would you be eligible for a payout?

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Shit luck mate, happened to me just before Christmas.
My advice is, once it happens take any job you can as I've always found it easier to get a job if you already have one and it takes the financial pressure off.
I did a job I couldn't stand for 3 months until I found something more suitable.

May 17, 2011
1066 country
This mate, take any job you can.(which is easier said than done) until something more suitable comes along. this is what i did, i stacked shelves from 3am till 9.30am at a supermarket for min wage for a year which just covered my rent but because of it. it showed my current employers that i could get up & graft & wasn't scared to do so. now im in a better job which i love. chin up, it will get better. keep the faith.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
If only you could get a job in the public sector so you could listen to the General Secretary of Unite wittering on about an incremental change to the precise thickness of the gold plating on your pension.

May 17, 2011
1066 country
Transport admin/security. 60hrs wk. the only prop is i do shift work days/nights & alot of weekends so cant get a season ticket, mind you i did get to about 12 games this season home & away.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
If only you could get a job in the public sector so you could listen to the General Secretary of Unite wittering on about an incremental change to the precise thickness of the gold plating on your pension.

Absolutely spot on............brilliant!

Dec 19, 2011
Hove

We didn't all go on strike today, some of us were scabs with respect for those with no pension at all!

D

Deleted member 22389

My wife is a teacher, she had the option to strike a few months back, but decided the education of the kids in her school was far more important. Not every single person in the public sector joins because of the pension and not every single person strikes. My wife become a teacher because she wanted to make a difference and help the kids get the very best in qualifications before leaving school.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
My wife is a teacher, she had the option to strike a few months back, but decided the education of the kids in her school was far more important. Not every single person in the public sector joins because of the pension and not every single person strikes. My wife become a teacher because she wanted to make a difference and help the kids get the very best in qualifications before leaving school.

I thought they did it for the holidays?

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009

Very true, but the ones that do strike seem to think we're all in it for our pensions. They're on strike where I work today and the guy on the picket line asked me why I was not on strike and I said "Because I've got work to do". He then shouted after me "we're doing this for you you know!" I went back and said "I can make my own decisions, thanks and no you're not, you're doing it for yourself. Best of luck though".

I can appreciate why some in the public sector are angry. Some where I am have had their pensions over halved since starting and if the pension was their reason for joining then they can complain if they want. But what really fucks me off is when they try and ram it down everyone else's throat. My pension is less than theirs but still bigger than the average private sector person. The problem is that just like the Government many people in the public sector live in a different world from those in the private sector on the minimum wage.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

Your wife has my total respect.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Become a bank then the government will bail you out.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

In most cases there is a 90 day consultation period , generally all this means is that you will lose your job in 90 days time. In a worst case scenario you will get a redundancy payout and grab any job that is available until something decent comes along.

D

Deleted member 22389

I feel sorry for anyone that is facing redundancy at the moment. Hope you can sort yourself out.

And yes I do understand while the public sector is marching about the pensions, you could say at times like this they are very lucky to have a job. But not even some public sector jobs are safe anymore.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I've been made redundant literally today.

Been employed by this company for nearly 2 years.

Not going to say on here exactly what I do, but I was expected to do 110 jobs per day average. Over the last 8 months I averaged 200 a day, naively thinking that hard work would mean I would be safer in my job, or maybe even raise my chances prospects of promotion. I had 100% attendance & punctuality, never been disciplined or damaged or lost the companies very expensive equipment - but they let me go, just like that.

Not expecting to find work any time soon. The nature of employment is f***ed, the worlds economy is f***ed - I hope it collapses soon so all those greedy bastards who own & "run" the big companies get shafted as much as everyone else is at the moment

I sympathize with your situation, where I work all the staff have been told that we have to work harder etc etc and as such, none of us have had a pay rise for about 4 or 5 years now. With inflation over that time it means we have had a real decline in earning power of about 20%.. yet somehow, those at the top seem to prosper ?

No doubt you will be replaced with someone on the same or slightly lower wages than yourself and they will be told that they are lucky to have the job and that if they prove themselves there could be more money in it for them if..... and so on. I can see a revolution coming before too long.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports