Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Budget 2015

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Don't be so soppy. Of course they'll be worth more than that. As it is, my kids stand to inherit all £375k plus 60% of anything on top. That's quite a lot of money to receive for doing fck all.

Let me see, would I prefer that my hard earned cash, all of which I have already paid tax on, went to my kids for doing fck all or the government ( who have already had their share ) for also doing fck all ? Yep, my kids win handsdown every time. Besides, your support of this tax seems to be completely based on your hatred of the rich and the Royal Family. Normal hard working families are currently caught by this immoral tax. If it kicked in at say £2m I might support your argument but it doesn't, it kicks in at the cost of a very modest family home. I for one will be doing everything I can to lower my IHT liabilities so the government get as little as possible.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
And I don't really have much sympathy for the anecdoatal example of your brother not being able to buy his own house - well, I do but no more than anybody else who can't afford it. That's an issue that needs to be fixed by the country building more houses in areas where there is work available - not by him being handed it on a plate by his parents.

And I had no sympathy when middle earning professional couples had their child benefit cut but strangely you seemed to object to losing that handout.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Let me see, would I prefer that my hard earned cash, all of which I have already paid tax on, went to my kids for doing fck all or the government ( who have already had their share ) for also doing fck all ? Yep, my kids win handsdown every time. Besides, your support of this tax seems to be completely based on your hatred of the rich and the Royal Family. Normal hard working families are currently caught by this immoral tax. If it kicked in at say £2m I might support your argument but it doesn't, it kicks in at the cost of a very modest family home. I for one will be doing everything I can to lower my IHT liabilities so the government get as little as possible.
£385K for a very modest family home? What size is the family?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

You're ignoring the very real problem we have of wealth distribution in this country. The point you've just made is a feeble straw man argument I'm afraid. Your money wouldn't be going to the government for doing fck all. It would be going to the tax coffers of the country where it would be redistributed.

I've just dug out these figures from the BBC of how income tax is spent from a salary of £25,500:

£2,080 Pensions and Benefits (including £212 on Housing Benefit and £296 on Incapacity Benefits)
£1,094 on the NHS
£824 on Education
£339 on Defence
£160 on the Police
£44 on Prisons
£92 on Roads
£71 on Railways

My point is this: That figure is £4,704 collected. I'm not sure there is much waste there in reality. I don't see why your kids can't just earn their own money. It's not like the infrastructure isn't there to enable them to do so.

And I had no sympathy when middle earning professional couples had their child benefit cut but strangely you seemed to object to losing that handout.
I did indeed. And on reflection, I was wrong to do so. I had come to rely on that money, but shouldn't have. I do feel that it is a policy that has been poorly implemented however.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
My main worry is that he'll raise the inheritance tax threshold.

A horrible policy IMO and one that the lily-livered Lib Dems should be blocking. However, he can certainly lower income tax for all I care.

Why is it a horrible policy? A person has died and therefore passing on their assets to their families and loved ones. These assets have been acquired out of TAXED income. Taxing them a second time on death is a regrettable form of taxation, not raising the IHT threshold for 6 years is disgusting, and now the economy is strong enough this is EXACTLY the time to increase it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Why is it a horrible policy? A person has died and therefore passing on their assets to their families and loved ones. These assets have been acquired out of TAXED income. Taxing them a second time on death is a regrettable form of taxation, not raising the IHT threshold for 6 years is disgusting, and now the economy is strong enough this is EXACTLY the time to increase it.
Because it does nothing to address the wealth distribution problem we have in this country. I don't care that it is money that has already been taxed. What difference does it make if every £1 in tax is paid for by 80p income tax and 20p inheritance tax or 90p income tax and 10p inheritance tax?

Inheritance tax is by far the fairest tax of all as nobody is being penalised because the person paying it is dead!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Ohhhh..should I be sacking my accountant ..a digitalised tax account for self employed
Can't wait for the devil in the detail

For Bozza cider duty down 2%

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
:thumbsup:
12:30 today.

[tweet]578138988860555265[/tweet]

Really looking forward to another economic tour-de-force from the current government which could give them the tailwind required to put the Downing Street removal men on hold for at least another five years.
thatbisna rathr twbeliugijtwerppty arso houndy flepterty ..........!!:thumbsup::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::sick:

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Because it does nothing to address the wealth distribution problem we have in this country. I don't care that it is money that has already been taxed. What difference does it make if every £1 in tax is paid for by 80p income tax and 20p inheritance tax or 90p income tax and 10p inheritance tax?

Inheritance tax is by far the fairest tax of all as nobody is being penalised because the person paying it is dead!

Not due much then?

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

Agreed - To raise the allowance is to very obviously widen the gap between the haves and the have nots. Rich get richer etc....

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Don't be so soppy. Of course they'll be worth more than that. As it is, my kids stand to inherit all £375k plus 60% of anything on top. That's quite a lot of money to receive for doing fck all.

But isn't it better to give your kids your money for doing fck all, than effectively giving it to a bunch of spotty herberts you have never met for doing fck all?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here