Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Budget 2009 - Cameron DESTROYING Darling and Brown.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Labour and Tories both old has been parties.....Lib Dems waste of space....why oh why cant we have a decent party with decent policys to vote for:nono:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Party badges to one side for a moment, what exactly could have been done better to cope with the current crisis.

More could have been done to avert the catastrophic effects of the current crisis if the FSA (the body created and implemented by this government) hadn't been asleep at the wheel these last few years.

Can anyone tell me what is the POINT of the FSA ? The likes of Vince Cable was warning of this impending financial tsunami years ago, whilst Brown was still thumping his chest and dining out on his "no more boom and bust" rhetoric.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
What I'd like to know is why, if our schools have had super-investment and our kids are more successful at passing exams, do we need to throw even more money at them when they come out of school by GUARANTEEING them a job or training if they've been unemployed for more than a year.

If our kids are so clever how come they can't get jobs, the taxpayer is having to bail out industry and commerce and this country is in the shit?

I think you know the answer, but the reason the so many kids are passing the exams is because the GCSE and A-level exams are so easy these days.

Buttinhams

Be seeing you!
Apr 24, 2008
The country should go to the polls now. The measures that need to be taken should be implemented by a Government that has the backing of the majority of current eligible voters who are experiencing this debacle.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
As for those Government predictions of growth. The IMF are predicting 4.1% shrinkage this year. That's 0.6 more than Darling predicted.

It's almost farcical

As for those Government predictions of growth. The IMF are predicting 4.1% shrinkage this year. That's 0.6 more than Darling predicted.

It's almost farcical

Correct. He can't get 2009 growth estimates right so what chance of hitting the +3.5% forecast for 2011?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Leaving insults aside (and just for once, it would be great if a thread started and heavily involving Uncle Spielberg didn't end up in childish slanging) the Tories at this moment in time should be head and shoulders in front of the Government in public perception and publicity/ideas. But actually they aren't - they have failed miserabley to get their viewpoint across (I'm not saying they dont have one, but the message of 'we're better than the current lot' may not be enough when push comes to shove).

Vince Cable is about the only current politician with some credibility on this and he is equally as critical of Cameron/Osborne as he is of Brown/Darling.

Sadly he's a LIb Dem so he will nevr get into any form of power.

I agree with Lokki. 50% in real terms brings little but does give out the right message - the problem is global (wherever it started) and there aren't amny places to flee to.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Not being a particularly political individual myself I thought Cameron's performance was generally good but the sad truth is it doesn't make much difference which party is in charge because none of them have got a grasp on the real world.

The reaction to Cameron's speech from his own party saddened me. These are incredibly bad economic times for the UK and yet we still get the same quips, jokes and playing to the gallery.

When will these politician fuckers learn that until the House Of Commons ceases to be a glorified version of "Have I Got News For You" and starts taking these issues more seriously the man in the street will lose all faith in them completely?

They sit there thinking the abolition of the second home allowance will "restore confidence" in the public's perception of politicans, but then within minutes of Brown's announcement return to their old ways.

I find this "playing to the gallery" sickening. Cameron would have scored more points with the public if his tone was one of solemnity, sadness and anger for the people of this country, rather than what we got which was crocodile tears as he realises he's now on the brink of power.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
More could have been done to avert the catastrophic effects of the current crisis if the FSA (the body created and implemented by this government) hadn't been asleep at the wheel these last few years.

Can anyone tell me what is the POINT of the FSA ? The likes of Vince Cable was warning of this impending financial tsunami years ago, whilst Brown was still thumping his chest and dining out on his "no more boom and bust" rhetoric.

True the fsa are toothless and too close to the institutions they are meant to police, but the question was about the cure not the disease.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
A terrible terrible budget - cheap attempts to fondle the old guard, transparent manouevring in advance of the next election, abysmal forecasting (where, or who, did they get 3.5% from?) and a real missed opportunity considering the possibilities.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
I just can't see the point about these "debates". Most adults have have such entrenched political views that nothing anyone says is going to sway them anyway.

The tone of so many posts here is aggressive and hysterical. God forbid anyone who dares voice an alternative or reasoned opinion. It's not very pleasant is it?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
i know the budget's important and everything but has anyone seen that picture of helen mirren in todays papers , 64 yrs old , would you ?

She'll be pleased to hear about the fuel allowance, then.

And yes, definitely.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I just can't see the point about these "debates". Most adults have have such entrenched political views that nothing anyone says is going to sway them anyway.

The tone of so many posts here is aggressive and hysterical. God forbid anyone who dares voice an alternative or reasoned opinion. It's not very pleasant is it?
take your opinion and stick it up your arse

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here