Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BT Sport

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Having come home from the game we watched a bit of the coverage on BT Sport. Thought it was excellent as they had Virgo on it and the pictures of Brighton such as the Piers and Seafront was well done. So was the Brighton story with them showing the Retail Park and then Withdean. Also showed the start with Sussex by the Sea in full which was great as Sky normally cut to adverts then.

Virgo is on BT Sport a fair bit now, and not just for Albion games. Also, big games on Talksport. Doing very well in the media game.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I've had BT Sport since it launched and have (nearly) always found it's covergae to be excellent, of all sports that it covers. Particularly rugby, but the football coverage is strong too

Rugby on BT is fantastic, they're by far the best broadcasters for rugby. Love to see them get some cricket if that's the standard they can produce - haven't seen enough football to comment on that but the little bits I've seen have been OK

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Who saw the shot of 'Tex' in the stand before the game with girlfriend. ( as quoted by the commentator) I'm sure it was actually Kuyal. Anyone got a shot of it?
I think you are right.

If Tex was too ill to play I doubt if he would have been at the game.

Tucked up in bed would make more sense.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Virgo is on BT Sport a fair bit now, and not just for Albion games. Also, big games on Talksport. Doing very well in the media game.

Virgo was good. Only downside .... he's beginning to look a lot like David Walliams ... which is not a good thing.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I have to say, I wanted to dislike Savage in commentary but I couldn't get there. He was basic and simple, but he was right more often than not. He called us out on being slow to close down, fannying around with the ball in bad areas (we're all agreed that it cost us at least one goal) and not having enough of an end product. He wasn't afraid to be blunt, and to say it how it was. I like that, I like a commentator who is able and willing to give his opinions on the game and have the courage in his convictions. I don't want to sit through commentaries by the likes of Alan Smith and Niall Quinn, being afraid to say anything which might not be exactly in the middle ground. I like Gary Neville, and the developing Robbie Savage - having the courage and the self confidence to be opinionated but back it up with logic and facts.

BT Sport's coverage of the game yesterday was very good, they spent a good amount of time discussing both teams and there were a number of fabulous shots of the Amex. Adam Virgo was very well spoken, and the commentary pair of Darke and Savage was balanced and entertaining. I was gutted not to be there for the game, but watching it on the TV was the second best option because the coverage was so good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here