Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BT Sport

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
That depends what you want and what you use it for. Capped Broadband in my opinion is a piss take especially when you are forced to take their line rental as well. Personally I'm with Sky, unlimited and cheaper line rental. The fact they changed it to free with Sky Sports was a bonus.

Sky was quite a bit more when I compared them last Autumn. I get unlimited, unthrottled broadband (needed in the countryside), all evening and weekend calls for something like £14. I pay the line rental up front which they do for £119, which is discounted because it's paid in one go. I usually have a few other calls on the bill, so all in all, including line rental, I've not paid more than £24.00 a month.

Last edited:

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I use offsidestreams.

I pay £5 pm and get the following channels streaming through my XBMC TV box .

uploadfromtaptalk1391025474686.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1391025501412.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1391025557873.jpg

I save an absolute killing.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Not strictly true. I have had BT broadband for years and decided I might as well have the BT Sport. However, for some reason I had to upgrade my BT account which meant a small monthly increase (about an additional £2 a month). Then there is a £55 one off connection fee.

After all this, have waited nearly a fortnight for the engineer to turn up. Then, as my ground floor mains circuit is on two seperate circuits, it would have meant surface wires all over the place. Lots of apologies from the engineer.....as he said, the people at BT taking the requests from BT customers are not giving out all the correct information.

BT Sport not installed.

sounds like you're upgrading to fibre, or theres a massive cockup. if you had BT broadband, there nothing to connect and no new circuits needed as you already have the ADSL link.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
That depends what you want and what you use it for. Capped Broadband in my opinion is a piss take especially when you are forced to take their line rental as well. Personally I'm with Sky, unlimited and cheaper line rental. The fact they changed it to free with Sky Sports was a bonus.

Nothing wrong with SKY, but BT do have truly unlimited, unthrottled packages too!

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I have sky sports and courtesy of BT, I have their sports channel and espn free :clap2:

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove
Not strictly true. I have had BT broadband for years and decided I might as well have the BT Sport. However, for some reason I had to upgrade my BT account which meant a small monthly increase (about an additional £2 a month). Then there is a £55 one off connection fee.

After all this, have waited nearly a fortnight for the engineer to turn up. Then, as my ground floor mains circuit is on two seperate circuits, it would have meant surface wires all over the place. Lots of apologies from the engineer.....as he said, the people at BT taking the requests from BT customers are not giving out all the correct information.

BT Sport not installed.

I was a new customer so that's maybe the difference

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Full HD picture quality,

Is it legit? Well, it's obviously not legit, but is it a card sharing type scheme? Usually they are basically organised crime, if not, then what is the name of the company the money goes to?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I was a new customer so that's maybe the difference

After further enquiries this evening, it seems I can have it online on my PC for free....but have to upgrade my BT deal to have it on my TV.

It has only taken 1 hour 37 minutes to get this far. I had other issues , but Mr. Paul Leach (the line manager in Warrington) wanted to get home to his wife and children so put the phone down.

Round 2 starts again tomorrow.

D

Deleted member 18477

Got BT infinity broadband and BT sports for free. Lovely job!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
After further enquiries this evening, it seems I can have it online on my PC for free....but have to upgrade my BT deal to have it on my TV.

there we are, i knew it didnt sound right before. i've pluged my PC to the TV with DVI > HDMI cable and its pretty decent, bit blocky/blured when the connection is slow, bit like old pre-HD days. most TVs have DSUB input if you dont have DVI or HDMI on computer.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
I took on BT Broadband so as to get BT Sport and thus Premiership Rugby. I have not been impressed by their streaming at all.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Is it legit? Well, it's obviously not legit, but is it a card sharing type scheme? Usually they are basically organised crime, if not, then what is the name of the company the money goes to?

I think if it was organised crime the site would not be running now. I dont exactly no how they can do it but tbh, I don't.care. I watch all the sport i want for £5 pm. I have never had a problem with them and they have answered any question i have sent them within 24 hours.

I pay through pay pal monthly subscription.

I also watch our games when there is a stream and quality is HD majority of the time through Bein sports.

All Saturday Prem games shown and a list provided for which game is on what channel

At the end of the day I'm saving around £600 a year.

£25 Sky sports pm
£15 BT Sports pm
£10 Boxnation pm

Plus any PPV events included.

No brainier really.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I really enjoy BT Sport - mostly for their rugby coverage. Get it free with my broadband, which was cheaper than sky or virgin when we moved house last summer.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Do you have to pay £12 for a month to watch one game or is there a cheaper way?

Ask a friend or relative who has BT Broadband if they are watching the game that night. If they are not, ask them to borrow their log in and you can watch online.

I have a friend who hates football and has let me have his log in so I can watch BT Sport using his account.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here