Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] BT Sport saying our atmoshere 'non existent'

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Usually I make a bit of noise, join in with chants, even start one on occasion, but yesterday arrived after kick off again due to not having enough time to get stuff done before heading off and for the delayed trains I really should expect by now. I had not got my breath back before going a goal down, and then did not feel inspired to do more than whine at the referee for what looked like soft free kicks against us.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Is this a library? No, no it isn't. BT can do one.

Was it that bad?

Can the finger be pointed of lack of home points straight back at the fans?

Do we lack lung power???

Or are BT Sports :tosser:?

Afternoon Mouldy. I'm going to buck the trend and say, no, the atmosphere was not that bad.

I'm in West Upper and there was plenty of noise.

But . . . compared with legendary noise makers like The Leeds, Newcastle and Palace, no, it was much more quiet.

Just the same as it always is.

Unless we are 3-0 up or 0-3 down to Palace, when grown men who should know better, and newby teenagers who never will, completely lose their shit :lolol:

:thumbsup:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
If you are among the large section of Season ticket holders that binned off the stupidly timed Boxing Day fixture against Brentford, you have seen Brighton score four goals in ten home matches since the beginning of October: A consolation when already 3-0 down to Man City, a penalty against Newcastle, the equaliser against Chelsea and a late own goal v Palace. Every one of these went in the goal in front of the North Stand. In those ten matches you have also seen fifteen goals conceded, nine of them in the first half.

The atmosphere always seems fine when we start games. It gets a bit more frustrated as we waste good opportunities and then dies completely when the opposition score, generally in the first twenty and often on their first serious attack.

How would the armchair TV critics be reacting in the same circumstances?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
And there was complete silence at times, especially in the second half.
Mrs G had to ask me why everyone was doing "Sh..." ... I explained it was because we were 2-0 down and hadn't mounted a meaningful attack for at least 30 minutes...

Sent from my SM-A127F using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If you are among the large section of Season ticket holders that binned off the stupidly timed Boxing Day fixture against Brentford, you have seen Brighton score four goals in ten home matches since the beginning of October: A consolation when already 3-0 down to Man City, a penalty against Newcastle, the equaliser against Chelsea and a late own goal v Palace. Every one of these went in the goal in front of the North Stand. In those ten matches you have also seen fifteen goals conceded, nine of them in the first half.

The atmosphere always seems fine when we start games. It gets a bit more frustrated as we waste good opportunities and then dies completely when the opposition score, generally in the first twenty and often on their first serious attack.

How would the armchair TV critics be reacting in the same circumstances?

I would imagine they would be starting threads on NSC about the atmosphere in some sort of forlorn effort to improve it, a bit like the Liverpool 'fans' improving the Anfield atmosphere at the King and Queen :lolol:

And I was at the Brentford game so I've seen 6 goals :angel:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And there was complete silence at times, especially in the second half.

It was always thus.

We're not cockneys or geordies or scousers. :shrug:

D

Deleted member 2719

Afternoon Mouldy. I'm going to buck the trend and say, no, the atmosphere was not that bad.

I'm in West Upper and there was plenty of noise.

But . . . compared with legendary noise makers like The Leeds, Newcastle and Palace, no, it was much more quiet.

Just the same as it always is.

Unless we are 3-0 up or 0-3 down to Palace, when grown men who should know better, and newby teenagers who never will, completely lose their shit :lolol:

:thumbsup:

Hi Hazza,

I don't know how loud we were, but BT made out our support was gash.

Are they anti albion, jake the carrott cruncher, was completely anti Albion Imo.

Steve McManaman, Crouch and Rio we're all anti Sanchez.
Spot the connection......2 ex Liverpool.

Where was the Albion representation, what no Murray???

I am glad it was loud in the West upper......some might say it's a tad quieter since I don't frequent those parts anymore.:lolol:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The vast majority of the game we were poor, it’s pointless talking about atmosphere when the team aren’t doing anything to lift the crowd with a bit of real fight

I have no comments on the atmosphere but I do wonder about this attitude. Turn it around: why is 11 guys on the pitch required to lift the 30 000 in the stands rather than vice versa? Why are some fans of some teams singing their hearts out even when the game or result is shite?

Tbh I dont think I've ever seen a higher percentage of fans saying "the team need to give me something to cheer about or I'll be quiet" rather than the more common "I want to help and support my team through thick and thin" mentality.

Why do you expect the players (usuaully mercenaries) to fight for you when if you're (many of you have watched Brighton alongside some of the last homo erectus) not going to fight for them?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Saw quite a few of these on the concourse, refrained from interviewing the wearers but cannot understand why a genuine fan (of either club) would do this?

Because that’s what football has become. There’s loads of football tourists and there’s loads of occasional fans who’ve come to the ground for a big day out and want a memento. Each to their own I reckon.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Because that’s what football has become. There’s loads of football tourists and there’s loads of occasional fans who’ve come to the ground for a big day out and want a memento. Each to their own I reckon.

The Argus fan gallery of photos from yesterday’s match clearly shows a fair few wearing these scarves, most of the wearers are also in Albion colours.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I don't know why people get so hung up about the half and half scarf. It's the modern day equivalent of the matchday programme- and something you can have a photo with the remember the day.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I don't know why people get so hung up about the half and half scarf. It's the modern day equivalent of the matchday programme- and something you can have a photo with the remember the day.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

I don’t get having another team on a Brighton scarf, if I wanted a new Albion scarf I would go into the club shop and buy one, the money then goes to the club and not some dodgy market stool trader type.

Funny how these scarves seem to appear on fans at the Amex when we are playing Liverpool.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
It was always thus.

We're not cockneys or geordies or scousers. :shrug:

There were a good few thousand scousers there - they were winning and not making noise either

Anfield atmosphere was shyte the other day for a home knockout champs league tie v inter. St James has been turgid for atmosphere for years - suddenly woken up now theyre on a good run. London clubs are a total mixed bag for atmosphere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here