[Football] BT Sport saying our atmoshere 'non existent'

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Depends what you mean by "atmosphere". Around me in WSL here was a very negative atmosphere about. "This is boring Potter. Sort it" was one cry which seemed to sum up the sullen mood. As for Sanchez time wasting..did he think as the sun was shining he was back home and time for the afternoon siesta?

Vaughan Storm

May 21, 2020
Worthing
There were a group of Villa in WSL north end actually (W1I) - got hooked out after someone complained.

Atmosphere isn’t going to improve at home until we start playing better and scoring occasionally, simple. Real pity as we’re great away from home, even when not winning.

I wonder if it's linked towards this:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...league-season-ticket-prices-revealed-arsenal/

Surely it's not a coincidence that Leeds and Villa have arguably one of the best home atmospheres in the league when the prices are so much lower than ours. This clearly makes the younger fans miss out which seem to make the most noise, no wonder the place from what I've seen is full of people near or at pension age

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Who cares about the atmosphere ? It's the results that matter. Man City is hardly a hotbed of noise.

If atmosphere inspired players then Palace would be top of the league as most media lovelies think their fans support is the best in England. Didn't do them much good when they lost 0-7 at home to Liverpool last season did it.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Have we ever had a good atmosphere? Sheff Wed play off game was good but bar that it’s more let the team entertain us rather than get behind the team. A lot of the home atmosphere is made by the away fans, there was nothing from them today.
Even going back to the Goldstone I don’t remember a raucous atmosphere.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
I’m excluding the Brentford game from this, because the PL made it impossible for me to attend that match like many other fans..
So From 28 August onwards…. I’ve seen 11 PL games at the Amex..

Brighton have scored 6 goals in those 11 games! Conceded 16!

Won 1 Drawn 5 and lost 5…. I’ve not seen us win a PL game at the Amex for 6 months now!!

Very difficult to get excited and up for watching a team that is averaging 0.5 goals per game and 0.45 points per game over this period, with all of the Corporate bollox and spill that’s thrown our way, need a history lesson, should be grateful for what we’ve got blah blah blah… I just want to watch a competitive team that wins some games and scores some bloody goals…

Fed up with being told that I should be singing my heart out and supporting the boys every other week no matter what’s being served up… if the team gives me something to get behind then I’ll be there…:albion2:

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
Have we ever had a good atmosphere? Sheff Wed play off game was good but bar that it’s more let the team entertain us rather than get behind the team. A lot of the home atmosphere is made by the away fans, there was nothing from them today.

Our much praised style of football has a lot to do with it. Sheff Wed game was blood and thunder attacking (certainly in the first half) Long periods of tedium when the ball is passed from CB to CB to Keeper to Wing Back to CB to Keeper ad nauseam doesn't really help.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It can't have helped the BT telly atmosphere when one of the sprinklers by the North Stand corner flag went berserk, started firing concentrated jets of water towards the goal, zapping and knocking over the nearest pitchside mic in the process. A steward picked it up and brushed it off, but you just KNEW it had been rendered soggy and useless :lol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

The North Stand Jan’76 to May’79, my first Albion years, bloody amazing.

Packed, surges like The Kop, ear piercing chants in the dark under a low roof. Almost anything went on, but always felt safe.

Allied with Ward, Horton, Ryan et al destroying all visitors.

The pinnacle.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It can't have helped the BT telly atmosphere when one of the sprinklers by the North Stand corner flag went berserk, started firing concentrated jets of water towards the goal, zapping and knocking over the nearest pitchside mic in the process. A steward picked it up and brushed it off, but you just KNEW it had been rendered soggy and useless :lol:

Well obviously you would know that if, unlike the OP, you were actually there :whistle:

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
The North Stand Jan’76 to May’79, my first Albion years, bloody amazing.

Packed, surges like The Kop, ear piercing chants in the dark under a low roof. Almost anything went on, but always felt safe.

Allied with Ward, Horton, Ryan et al destroying all visitors.

The pinnacle.

Part of it was though that EVERY time Wardy got the ball we thought we might score(and of course he often did!)
Those days of surging down the terrace after a goal are STILL one of my best Albion memories

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I’m excluding the Brentford game from this, because the PL made it impossible for me to attend that match like many other fans..
So From 28 August onwards…. I’ve seen 11 PL games at the Amex..

Brighton have scored 6 goals in those 11 games! Conceded 16!

Won 1 Drawn 5 and lost 5…. I’ve not seen us win a PL game at the Amex for 6 months now!!

Very difficult to get excited and up for watching a team that is averaging 0.5 goals per game and 0.45 points per game over this period, with all of the Corporate bollox and spill that’s thrown our way, need a history lesson, should be grateful for what we’ve got blah blah blah… I just want to watch a competitive team that wins some games and scores some bloody goals…

Fed up with being told that I should be singing my heart out and supporting the boys every other week no matter what’s being served up… if the team gives me something to get behind then I’ll be there…:albion2:

This. In the last few games even the performances have been awful. If the team / manager don’t seem bothered, is it any wonder that transfers to the fans?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Part of it was though that EVERY time Wardy got the ball we thought we might score(and of course he often did!)
Those days of surging down the terrace after a goal are STILL one of my best Albion memories

Yep, the virtuous circle of a great scoring and winning home team, and stands packed with young-ish fanatics.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Move away fans to SW corner.

Stop the American style razzamatazz.

Don’t sell excellent first teamers in January.

Potter or the next manager to shore up the defence, and play counter attacking football. The Board to back that with pace and more pace. (Not just mid or slow paced midfield technicians).

Score some goals

Win at home more than once a year or so

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The whole thing is predictable but when you are treated like cattle for 45 mins before getting into the ground it doesn't make for a party atmosphere.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
The scouce were quite quiet compared to other away fans. I thought home fans were as quiet as normal. The library end was for sure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here