Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brussel Sprouts ?

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
There was an article in the paper last week which talked about kids' fussiness around food. It explained that children have a much more sensitive sense of taste compared to adults and therefore strong tasting foods are typically offensive to children. It is true that we can learn to like such tastes, but more often as our taste buds die off as we get older, stronger flavours become more palatable. Some people maintain their childhood taste buds though and are sometimes known as super tasters, or fussy bastards!

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Love em, taste like chestnuts, get in there :)

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Loved them and always have, don't see why anyone would find them disgusting. A lovely accompaniment to turkey and trimmings on Christmas Day!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Biggest problem with sprouts and especially green veg served with a large meal such as Christmas dinner is they are treated as an add on to the main item. Too many cook them for too long into oblivion. They should be placed into boiling water for a few minutes drained and then lightly tossed in butter under moderate heat even perhaps a few pine nuts tossed in or garlic and only then placed on the main dish. Lovely.............

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
What's the difference between bogey and sprouts?

You can't get kids to eat sprouts.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Biggest problem with sprouts and especially green veg served with a large meal such as Christmas dinner is they are treated as an add on to the main item. Too many cook them for too long into oblivion. They should be placed into boiling water for a few minutes drained and then lightly tossed in butter under moderate heat even perhaps a few pine nuts tossed in or garlic and only then placed on the main dish. Lovely.............

Is that advice from Grant the publican with catering experience or Grant the farmer :lolol:

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Love 'em as does my son - the wife and daughter hate then but all the more for us :thumbsup:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Absolutely LOVE Brussel Sprouts.

Yum.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Easy to grow from seed as well. MORE sprouts !!!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Is that advice from Grant the publican with catering experience or Grant the farmer :lolol:

Grant the cook, with a bit of experience. No good employing decent chefs if you don't gain some tips on cooking. Spent years observing my chefs and being a fanatical home cook I ended up being able to chef my pubs myself. Find it a tad boring now just cooking for a few family members.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here