Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bruno's mate

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
A lovely excuse to remind us of some of the FLAIR Valencia had during the one season Oscar was there

Canizares.
Mendieta
Claudio Lopez
Angulo
Andrian Illie
Kily Gonzalez
Albeida

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Jonas Oliveira? Brazilian striker for Valencia at the club the same time as Bruno...& not played this year for them yet.
Just a wild guess & no idea if they are mates or not.... :shrug:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Jonas Oliveira? Brazilian striker for Valencia at the club the same time as Bruno...& not played this year for them yet.

Sadly, we can only sign players that are contracted to English clubs during this loan window, not those regisetered overseas.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Not correct.

We can sign any player with an EU passport providing they are a free agent.

Yes, a free agent. Of course. But my post specifically was relating to the loan window, and in relation to players at other clubs.

Is the player referred to in the post I replied to a current Valencia player or is he a free agent ? ???

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We're playing Spurs at the moment. Normally Andy Naylor gives out the line up on Twitter, but despite being asked, he hasn't given any details.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Sadly, we can only sign players that are contracted to English clubs during this loan window, not those regisetered overseas.

Fair enough - didn't realise that rule existed. Only clutching at straws anyway tbh...I haven't a clue who the player mentioned could be (if indeed its true). Would be nice to have a Brazilian up front along with Big Leo though! :D

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

That's interesting. When Vicente signed, he put pen to paper on Sep 2 2011 (and it wasn't actually registered until Sep 5); the transfer window had closed at 11pm on Aug 31. It was stated at the time that this could be done because he was a free agent (and could therefore sign outside of the transfer window), having been released by Valencia. I wonder what is different about the situation of Joe Yoffe (in the above article)? Perhaps the fact that he DID have a contract at the time of the transfer window closing? (I assume Vicente's contract was cancelled, or had expired, prior to Aug 31 2011).

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Jonas? The guy started and scored twice for them on Sunday.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
That's interesting. When Vicente signed, he put pen to paper on Sep 2 2011 (and it wasn't actually registered until Sep 5); the transfer window had closed at 11pm on Aug 31. It was stated at the time that this could be done because he was a free agent (and could therefore sign outside of the transfer window), having been released by Valencia. I wonder what is different about the situation of Joe Yoffe (in the above article)? Perhaps the fact that he DID have a contract at the time of the transfer window closing? (I assume Vicente's contract was cancelled, or had expired, prior to Aug 31 2011).

That makes sense.

What doesn't is that his trade is restricted. Sounds as though he has a decent case (from an amateur legal eagle).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here