Votes: 20 13.4%
  • A better midfielder

Votes: 73 49.0%
  • Ok, but nothing special

Votes: 27 18.1%
  • Other

Votes: 10 6.7%

• Total voters

Calderon is sooooo much better. More assists more goals better defender. Anyone who has any concrete evidence to the contrary please post. You won't find any.

I take it you didn't attend our most important game in recent years then. Calde gave Bolasie the freedom of the park when Holloway brought him on, one totally undefended cross later and we were in the Championship for another two seasons minimum.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Think if Calde was at right back, and Bruno was playing the Crofts position, that would have made a world of difference today...

This in spades. Crofts plays like a builder in an Art class. Bruno and Calde together works so well, I don't know why Sami fiddled with it. And as for Bruno being MoM in either of the last two games, it was clearly Dunk who has been immense in both.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Bruno in midfield all day for me. Those saying he is a poor player all around are quite simply deluded. Not a big fan of his at RB as he can give the ball away sloppily at times, but in midfield where he can focus on his passing and not worry about tracking back he is quality imo.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
MR LIABILITY. Doesn't track back, can't tackle, stands far too far off players hands behind back leg dangling out. Free cross to any one attacking down our right side. Can't cross, can't shoot.

Calderon is sooooo much better. More assists more goals better defender. Anyone who has any concrete evidence to the contrary please post. You won't find any.

If you try squarka.com you'll find an answer. Hint, you won't like it.

Bruno has better pass accuracy, has created more chances, higher average defensive actions, longer average pass length.

They have matching 'duals won' statistics and neither have made a defensive error this season.

Last season Calde scores 396 v Brunos 479.

Just saying.

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
If you try squarka.com you'll find an answer. Hint, you won't like it.

Bruno has better pass accuracy, has created more chances, higher average defensive actions, longer average pass length.

They have matching 'duals won' statistics and neither have made a defensive error this season.

Incorrect facts, i'm working today but when I've got time I shall find all the info. Calderon has scored so many more goals and assists than Bruno and thats a plain fact. He has been in more winning games than him.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Incorrect facts, i'm working today but when I've got time I shall find all the info. Calderon has scored so many more goals and assists than Bruno and thats a plain fact. He has been in more winning games than him.

Ha ha love that, incorrect facts? What does that mean? The facts are as they are, unless you feel that squarka is wrong, which of course you have a right to, but when you go and check that stats site you'll find the same as I just posted.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Ha ha love that, incorrect facts? What does that mean? The facts are as they are, unless you feel that squarka is wrong, which of course you have a right to, but when you go and check that stats site you'll find the same as I just posted.

And can you get stats from last year and the year before?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

How many goals has each scored and how many assists since their respective join dates?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
And can you get stats from last year and the year before?

Please read my post above, yes, and in 13/14 Bruno statistically was better than Calde, not in all areas, but overall very much so.

FWIW I just looked at whoscored.com, another stats site, and the same sort of results. Interestingly that site states that both Bruno and Caldes weakness is in crossing.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
How many goals has each scored and how many assists since their respective join dates?

OK, if it helps, Bruno 25 chances created, Calde 19. (2013/2014 season)

But hey, I found it, Bruno goals = 1, Calde goals = 2, there you go, Calde is the best. Forget all the other statistics. Forget the higher average pass accuracy, forget the higher shot accuracy percentage. And I'm not glossing over the fact that Calde made zero defensive errors last season, whereas Bruno made 3, but that's hardly in the class of MR LIABILITY is it?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Please read my post above, yes, and in 13/14 Bruno statistically was better than Calde, not in all areas, but overall very much so.

FWIW I just looked at whoscored.com, another stats site, and the same sort of results. Interestingly that site states that both Bruno and Caldes weakness is in crossing.

But again whoscored is incorrect it only has him playing 1 game last season.

I have had a look and you just can't appear to find full stats on previous years anywhere. It used to be on the club site but that is now so shite.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
OK, if it helps, Bruno 25 chances created, Calde 19. (2013/2014 season)

But hey, I found it, Bruno goals = 1, Calde goals = 2, there you go, Calde is the best. Forget all the other statistics. Forget the higher average pass accuracy, forget the higher shot accuracy percentage. And I'm not glossing over the fact that Calde made zero defensive errors last season, whereas Bruno made 3, but that's hardly in the class of MR LIABILITY is it?

Depends how defensive errors are measured. One supposes one has to be involved in defending and not swanning back from upfield while those around cover your arse.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
But again whoscored is incorrect it only has him playing 1 game last season.

I have had a look and you just can't appear to find full stats on previous years anywhere. It used to be on the club site but that is now so shite.

That's weird, for last season whoscored suggest Bruno didn't play at all. So far for this season though they are up to date, I only found this site this season as they wanted to put a link on my webstite.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
That's weird, for last season whoscored suggest Bruno didn't play at all. So far for this season though they are up to date, I only found this site this season as they wanted to put a link on my webstite.

Up to April last season
Calderon P19 W7 L5 D7 goals against 19 scored 2 goals 4 assists(joint highest)

Bruno P29 W11 L10 D8 goals against 28 scored 0 goals 2 assists

With Calderon playing points tally equate to 1.47 Bruno 1.42 per game

This forum is littered with threads on the subject of Bruno v Calderon. Many many posters, like me believe that Bruno is a liability. The poll here doesn't exactly show him in a good light in that respect.

As I've posted earlier he has linked well in midfield especially with Calderon and I believe we missed that yesterday. However if he's not in midfield he shouldn't replace Calderon as Calderon is the better of the two at right back.

You mention Bruno has had more shots, again not a very good stat for him for his conversion rate is shocking, scored 2 in his Brighton career er Calderon just the 14.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Up to April last season
Calderon P19 W7 L5 D7 goals against 19 scored 2 goals 4 assists(joint highest)

Bruno P29 W11 L10 D8 goals against 28 scored 0 goals 2 assists

With Calderon playing points tally equate to 1.47 Bruno 1.42 per game

This forum is littered with threads on the subject of Bruno v Calderon. Many many posters, like me believe that Bruno is a liability. The poll here doesn't exactly show him in a good light in that respect.

As I've posted earlier he has linked well in midfield especially with Calderon and I believe we missed that yesterday. However if he's not in midfield he shouldn't replace Calderon as Calderon is the better of the two at right back.

You mention Bruno has had more shots, again not a very good stat for him for his conversion rate is shocking, scored 2 in his Brighton career er Calderon just the 14.

PWDL are team statistics, not individual statistics. But there you go, everyone has a preferred way of looking at things. it's obvious I disagree with the bashing that Bruno gets, I love Calde as a player too, there really is very little to differentiate the 2 players statistically based on individual contributions. At least it isn't you, me or anyone on this Board who has to make the decision which of them is them to play. Someone once said it's a game of opinions, Hyppias opinion is the one that counts, let's hope whatever happens when he chooses either player, they contribute the best they can for the Albion.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Lol at this thread. There is no definitive proof as to who is better, it just happens to be Bruno, end of.

Three managers are in agreement with me which is why they pick him over Calde, therefore Piltdown is wrong.

Now where are my Pringles?

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Wooops, I meant to but he looks great in midfield. He's a great defender though, he's been excellent this season so far. MOTM against Bolton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here