Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bruno to retire

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Honestly felt he could have managed another year - I'm gutted. Utterly selfishly of course, but gutted.

Absolute Brighton Legend. What a man.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Hopefully he'll be substituted with 5 minutes to go so he can receive a personal standing ovation.

Maybe CH could do a reverse John Terry and sub Bruno ON at two minutes? :lol:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Anyone fancy doing a whip round for a small show of our appreciation?

Someone smarter than me can come up with an appropriate gift idea, but I'd be happy to contribute.

Gift vouchers always go down well. Maybe some SportsDirect ones?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Sad day, an absolute hero.

Probably the most technically gifted player I’ve seen in the stripes and a fantastic leader and person. What an incredible servant he has been to the club.

A big loss to us on the playing side but hopefully he’ll stay on in some capacity.

I’m also quite surprised by this news as I fully expected him to continue playing. He’s looked easily good and fit enough recently.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Honestly felt he could have managed another year - I'm gutted. Utterly selfishly of course, but gutted.

Absolute Brighton Legend. What a man.

Surely in everyones top 10 if not top 5 all time favourite Albion players

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Gutted. But at 38, it's not the most surprising announcement, I guess. An absolute legend who has been at the heart of the ups and downs over the past few years and someone who still manages to maintain an unbelievable level of control of a football.

Is it just me who thought it was slightly strange that there was no quote or comment from the main main in the official release? Dunky on the radio a minute ago said he and the rest of the players are gutted too.

On the plus side, new RB incoming...

Bruno is doing a presser now so that's why there won't be any quotes from him yet. Expect a new article or updates to the existing one shortly.

There is a thread with quotes on the BHAFC twitter feed, decision made a while back apparently.

[tweet]1126826591424786432[/tweet]

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Very sad to think that after Sunday Bruno will no longer be available to pull on an Albion shirt and to lead the team by example a consummate professional never flustered with silky skills in my opinion the finest Right back this club has ever had and will be terribly missed and almost imposable with our budget to replace I assume he is going home to Spain to expand his media roles but I wish the club would or maybe have offered Bruno a role he's an obvious ambassador or fitness coach, I was really sad to see Calderon move on and now Bruno it's an end of an era thank you Bruno Saltor Grau a true Albion Legend :clap2::albion2:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Truly gutted. A great man and a truly great player. This has really hit me even though it had to come and some point. Going out his way and on his terms. I haven't seen a better right back play for our club and I doubt I ever will.

I really hope the club does everything it possibly can to keep him involved in some way. You couldn't have a better mentor and inspiration for the youngsters at the club.

Thank you El Capitan.........thank you. :bowdown:

This sounds hopeful

[tweet]1126828797955907584[/tweet]

[tweet]1126828024144515072[/tweet]

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How many better right backs have we had in our history?

None that I can think of in the time I’ve watched the Albion. Hard to belief that quite a few on here were suggesting he was a liability and past it during Hyypia’s reign.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
saltor-custom.png

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
The club need to quickly make 30k+ El Capitan t-shirts, bald caps and beards in time for Sunday.

I would buy the t-shirt, but the bald cap and fake beard would be wasted on me!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here