Votes: 32 19.5%
  • Calderon

Votes: 132 80.5%

• Total voters

Withdeano

Oct 30, 2010
Horsham
Calde = endeavour, commitment and all round nice bloke

Bruno = unpredictable, prone to lapses, beautifully weighted passes, vision, flair and arrogance in equal dollops

I was tempted to make the Harry Hill "fight" call, but to be honest, I watch Brighton to be entertained and it's for that reason I choose Bruno. Can't argue with some of the criticism above and yes another ref would have sent him off last night, but put that aside and recall the sliding interception that stopped Forstieri (sic) breaking clean through on about 70 mins last night and then most sumptuous 50+ yard through ball to Lita that was the best pass made at the Amex all evening, by a country mile and then some.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Dunno how anyone can vote for Bruno, he hasn't had a good game for nearly a year. Rather have Frank Bruno at right back ! Amazing really cos the first few months he was here he was awesome, now he is awful !

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Calde/Buckley seem a lot more instinctive with each other whereas Bruno seems much less aware of where players will be rather than are. Bruno not impressing at the moment to the point where he doesn't seem to want to travel with or hold the ball at all.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Calderon ALL the way.

Loved what we got from Bruno at the start of last season, but there is no sign of that player this season.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If both are fit and in form (big if), Bruno by a country mile. Crazy to suggest otherwise, he's light years ahead of Calde talent wise.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Bruno played a ball last night that only he, Lopez or Vicente could've played. Phenomenal vision. If he could iron out certain aspects of the game he would easily be a Prem player, whereas Calde is at his absolute limit now.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Given the injuries we have had Oscar hasn't had much flexibility with his selection but it is interesting that in this position most people would play Calderon ahead of Bruno.

However I think it shows the influence that Nathan Jones has, as I feel Bruno is very much a Jones type player.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Bruno played a ball last night that only he, Lopez or Vicente could've played. Phenomenal vision. If he could iron out certain aspects of the game he would easily be a Prem player, whereas Calde is at his absolute limit now.

Spot on, and with the return of Bridcutt, Orlandi, Kemy in midfield it will become even more evident as to why Bruno is far superior at right back.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Same strengths same weaknesses for me. Lucky to have them both because at least one of them can replace the other when they are inevitably sent off. Though as said elsewhere, with Ward out I think Calde will be playing left back for a while. When Bruno collects his inevitable next booking we've got El-Abd or spanish dave to fill in.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
We may well be thinking of different incidents, but the one I mean was definitely Bruno as they showed it again on the big screen just to emphasise how pathetic it was. It was in the right-back position, slightly inside our half. The ball was a clear 50/50 and he obviously held back to ensure he didn't get involved in any physical contact.

Different incidents then. The Andrews one was in the centre circle, completely pulled out of a 50/50 challenge.

Completely baffling why some people are opting for Bruno. He is a liability at the moment and was very lucky not to get sent off last night. Very strange that Calderon got dropped in the first place, his form has been excellent this season.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Different incidents then. The Andrews one was in the centre circle, completely pulled out of a 50/50 challenge.

Yep. It really p*sses me off seeing pro players pull out of a 50/50 challenge. I can forgive mistakes, stupid decisions and even lack of talent, but not not going in for a 50/50 ball. Calde does that in spades as the Newport player whose leg he broke will testify. I hope the player will be ok, btw.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Both not quick enough and get beaten, but I prefer Inigo for passion.

Agree with this, Bruno better as a flexible sub (could also play midfield?) and give Maksimenko a run at left back in Ward's absence?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here