Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bruno MOM

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Huneimier for me by a long way and very disappointed with Rosenior at left back ok defending but poor distribution with the ball at his feet as he needed to turn to his right foot every time. I think he showed how much we need a loan left back or perhaps play Calderon there instead of him, may be the short term answer

Rubbish. Rosenior combined superbly with Murphy all afternoon, providing attacking impetus with his overlaps down that side, stayed on his feet and was not caught out defensively - in fact while he was covering the man on the ball, he spotted danger early and was pointing to Murphy to cover Carruthers as he ran in behind him, which led to Dunks catastrophic challenge that should've been a pen. He has positional sense, awareness of whats around him, uses the ball well and supports the attacks at pace. Everything you'd want from a fullback.

Rosenior is a VERY capable leftback. You seem determined to continuously peddle your theory that he can't play there - I think you'd already made up your mind that he'd have a poor game before a ball was kicked today.

Trelford Mills Guide Dog

Jun 14, 2008
March or Murphy for me, both creating some glorious chances.
Re: Dunk, he should stay on his feet more, dived in and missed the tackle ahead of their goal, and again in the 2nd half for what should have been a definite penalty.

Coxovi

NSC Patron
Nov 5, 2011
Suisse
I think I would give it to March, but can understand other opinions, but never Bruno. He really struggled with distribution. My first game this season and I was really impressed with Kayal's energy and passion. I can see how we struggled when he was out.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Huneimier for me by a long way and very disappointed with Rosenior at left back ok defending but poor distribution with the ball at his feet as he needed to turn to his right foot every time. I think he showed how much we need a loan left back or perhaps play Calderon there instead of him, may be the short term answer

I agree about Hünemeier but totally disagree with you about Rosenior.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I'm a massive Bruno fan but he had one of those brain fart games where his concentration seemed to be lacking at times. He either looked completely in control or prone to an almighty gaff.

There were definitely players that had much stronger games out there.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Rubbish. Rosenior combined superbly with Murphy all afternoon, providing attacking impetus with his overlaps down that side, stayed on his feet and was not caught out defensively - in fact while he was covering the man on the ball, he spotted danger early and was pointing to Murphy to cover Carruthers as he ran in behind him, which led to Dunks catastrophic challenge that should've been a pen. He has positional sense, awareness of whats around him, uses the ball well and supports the attacks at pace. Everything you'd want from a fullback.

Rosenior is a VERY capable leftback. You seem determined to continuously peddle your theory that he can't play there - I think you'd already made up your mind that he'd have a poor game before a ball was kicked today.

Standard BG. Every subject, every time. Never lets facts get in the way of continuing to dig a hole

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Huenemeier for me, too. His performance was made all the better considering he had Dunk and Bruno either side of him putting in the performances they did. I also thought Rosenior, March and Murphy had good games.

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
I'm a massive Bruno fan but he had one of those brain fart games where his concentration seemed to be lacking at times. He either looked completely in control or prone to an almighty gaff.

There were definitely players that had much stronger games out there.

Likewise I am a Bruno fan but today I did not see him hit a pass to a Brighton player, marks out of 10 is only 4.
I think every other player was better.
Having had a moan every player is entitled to a day off and today it was Bruno who has been superb rest of season

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As I have said I really like Rosenior and defensively which is the prime aim of a defender he was excellent but he lacks the impetus to get forward due to being on his wrong foot every time. I would prefer to bring in a left footed left back and although Bruno got the sponsors MOM have played Rosenior there. Then he would get forward a lot.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
A little!

Dunk has a minimum of two mistakes per game in him at the moment.

Proven today with their goal,and the 'pen'

Unfortunately it's not just at the moment, over the last 5 years he's had critical lapses in concentration and made poorly judged tackles that have led to us conceding goals. He started during our inaugural game at the Amex by gifting a goal to Tottenham through a careless pass out of defence and has continued not to learn from his mistakes. At times his performances are great but at what have proved to be been critical moments during a lot of games, he's muffed it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I pay little heed to the sponsors MOTM award. More often than not, it boils down to who they want to have a pic taken with after the game.

I was at an NSC-sponsored match at Withdean many years ago vs Peterborough, and following an extended liquid lunch, we were all asked for our MOTM nominations. Paul Reid was making his debut for us that day, and had a fairly nondescript game. However, as he was quite HUNKY, the legendary Daft BINTS amongst us pulled ranks and INSISTED he get the MOTM award, just so that they could slope up and press the flesh with the dreamy Aussie lothario. The rest of us were too pissed to care by then.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Huenemeier for me, too. His performance was made all the better considering he had Dunk and Bruno either side of him putting in the performances they did. I also thought Rosenior, March and Murphy had good games.

Same as that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here