Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bruno in midfield

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Much as this will cause critiscm if we are going to play 4-5-1 I would sooner either have Bruno and Bong at full backs and LR man marking Bannon or leave the full backs and either put Crofts on Bannon or Holla in front of the back four as DM, a job he has done for most of his career.

:ffsparr::eek::sick::drink::drink::shootself:shrug::rolleyes::rotlf::wrong::jester::shit::shit::shit::shit::shit::shit::shit::shit::shit::shit::shit::shit:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This suggests playing Rosenior (or Crofts) in FRONT of the CM pair - Bannan plays very, very deep - just in front of their centre backs. Not saying it won't happen, but it would pull us into an odd shape.

More likely for me, is that we play our standard formation, but with Baldock told to drop a little and pester the hell out of Bannan when they have possession. What we do in the second leg, obviously depends on the outcome of the first.

That is an option but we would lose Baldock as an effective striker. We both realize that Bannon pulls the Wednesday strings to operate Hooper and Forestieri and that must be stopped for us to avoid defeat.

biddles911

May 12, 2014
That is an option but we would lose Baldock as an effective striker. We both realize that Bannon pulls the Wednesday strings to operate Hooper and Forestieri and that must be stopped for us to avoid defeat.

Baldock as an effective striker!? Would we notice the difference.......?

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
When you start changing your side around to affect the other teams performance is when you run into problems. Let us give them something to worry about. It's Barry Bannon not Andres Iniesta!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

We shouldn't lose anything, really - he sits on Bannan when they have possession, and finds space when we win it back. It's not like Bannan will keep up, when Baldock runs off him.

When you start changing your side around to affect the other teams performance is when you run into problems. Let us give them something to worry about. It's Barry Bannon not Andres Iniesta!

Not advocating changing the side around at all - indeed I'm suggesting that we really don't need to. Just need to tweak one particular aspect of Baldock's existing role, that's all - he is already tasked with pestering the centre backs in possession - I'd just tell him to leave that to Hemed and to sit on the playmaker.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
We shouldn't lose anything, really - he sits on Bannan when they have possession, and finds space when we win it back. It's not like Bannan will keep up, when Baldock runs off him.

Not advocating changing the side around at all - indeed I'm suggesting that we really don't need to. Just need to tweak one particular aspect of Baldock's existing role, that's all - he is already tasked with pestering the centre backs in possession - I'd just tell him to leave that to Hemed and to sit on the playmaker.

You think we should go with the same team that got us clear in third place, with only forced personnel changes and minimal tactical changes ?

That's just Crazy Talk :mad:

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Drastic situations call for drastic measures.

Fortunately we are NOT in a drastic situation so it will be a case of sticking to the formula that has worked so well for 46 games, with just the odd tinkering of change when circumstances dictate aka suspensions and injuries.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
No need to over think and over tinker.

Sidwell for Stephens.

Richie Towell on the bench assuming Crofts unfit.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
No need to over think and over tinker.

Sidwell for Stephens.

Richie Towell on the bench assuming Crofts unfit.

Is Crofts available? I would have assumed his loan would've covered any potential playoff games at Gills seeing as they were in the top 6 when they got him in.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Much as this will cause critiscm if we are going to play 4-5-1 I would sooner either have Bruno and Bong at full backs and LR man marking Bannon or leave the full backs and either put Crofts on Bannon or Holla in front of the back four as DM, a job he has done for most of his career.

He played well as a DM early season but perhaps not mobile enough it is more a case of horses for courses at the moment with the loss of Dale Stephens and I would prefer that to a rejigged defence accomodating Calderon. This is for the away leg Monday I would have Towell or another young DS player on the bench.

It is remarkable that somebody who has watched football for as long as you have still knows literally nothing about football.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Is Crofts available? I would have assumed his loan would've covered any potential playoff games at Gills seeing as they were in the top 6 when they got him in.
Yes short term loan, recall possibility after 28 days. Clearly with Gills season over a 'recall' isn't necessary as such, he'll have just come back.

Whether he is fit is another matter.

Same applies to Rea as he was on a youth loan ( I think, if not a short term one like Crofts ).

COG, Ince and JFC on half/full season loans so not available.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here