Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bruno - full back or midfield?

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Laughable reply. He can't make challenges, and he made mistakes more often than most. He was brilliant at times though, but only when coming forward.

Think you maybe the only one laughing pal

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Bruno was awful defensively today as per usual. A complete liability. I prefer Calde to be honest far more solid defensively and scores more goals.

Calderon has zero pace, backs off way too much in the last third and is out of his depth at this level. Bruno every time for me.

bigcabboy

Nov 7, 2011
would have been MOM except for the cock up which nearly cost a goal luckily tom to the rescue some of his touches were sublime today

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I think he has been very good recently and deserving of keeping the shirt.

However, yesterday he was awful. Made three or four huge errors which were lucky not to result in goals.

MORTY

Jan 9, 2007
Basingstoke
He plays like he's playing down the park with his mates. Lots of fancy touches and flicks that when they come off look great but too often don't. As others have said not solid enough when it matters and seems to be completely unable to header the ball. People who thought he was MOTM yesterday must of been watching a different game to me.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Thought he had a good game yesterday, although he did struggle for a while after the sending off as withdrawing Lopez left him without cover and he was often faced with a 2 onto 1 situation until the introduction of Buckley.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
And Bruno has loads of pace and never backs off...???

He doesn't when they are around the 18 yard box...... There are times to go to a player and times not to, Calderon (sadly, because he is ok), rarely seems to get it right.

If you commit when the ball is near the touchline, defensively you leave your colleagues exposed.

Pace wise, faster than Calderon, but not really quick......

I think its fair to say Drenthe didn't switch wings because he was doing well yesterday, Bruno had him in his pocket from the 5th minute onwards.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
He doesn't when they are around the 18 yard box...... There are times to go to a player and times not to, Calderon (sadly, because he is ok), rarely seems to get it right.

If you commit when the ball is near the touchline, defensively you leave your colleagues exposed.

Pace wise, faster than Calderon, but not really quick......

I think its fair to say Drenthe didn't switch wings because he was doing well yesterday, Bruno had him in his pocket from the 5th minute onwards.

Its easy to find players flaws instead of there qualities sometimes and I admit Bruno can get caught at times in possession and admittedly he should have not let Mcanuf in but on a whole he was solid for us yesterday very cute on the ball, composed and assured in possession going forward, he has the ability to reach for balls he shouldn't be getting a lot. Nearly 100 appearances in La Liga is a big statement he is a top player

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Its easy to find players flaws instead of there qualities sometimes and I admit Bruno can get caught at times in possession and admittedly he should have not let Mcanuf in but on a whole he was solid for us yesterday very cute on the ball, composed and assured in possession going forward, he has the ability to reach for balls he shouldn't be getting a lot. Nearly 100 appearances in La Liga is a big statement he is a top player

Which is exactly how I saw it. He was a little sloppy for the first 5 minutes and obviously when McAnuff had the run on him and Kuszczak made the save. But other than that I thught he was solid. Drenthe certainly got more change out of Ward than he did Bruno.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here