Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bruno as captain today

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
It came as a surprise above Hammond or AEA but that's not to say he doesn't deserve it. After the game a few people were wondering if it was to help with language problems with our flair contingent. What brought it home how difficult it must be to play in a side where the main language spoken isn't yours was when the ref had to mime to Ulloa a warning.

Any thoughts on Bruno? I don't think we need to mention his heading. Just about the worst I've ever seen. Thank goodness he's a wizard on the floor...wish his passing was better at times though.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I assumed it would be AEA or Kuszczak as skipper for today (or Hammond were it not for him being a loan player).

I think Bruno started the season in such blistering form that, now that has dipped, people are getting frustrated

If his performance today was affected by the captaincy then I wouldn't give it to him again.

Captain for Huddersfield -if Greer not in the side - Kuszczak or Upson

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Thing is, unlike Harley's drop into mediocrity I would be quite sad for Bruno personally. He gives all the appearance that he's trying very hard to establish himself on and off the pitch.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Personally think Calde should be starting, Bruno is a shadow of the player he was in his first few games for us.

Calde is solid.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
He's been poor lately, Calde should have started in his place IMO

This big time I'm afraid. Probably worst player on the pitch today. Fortunately I think its just a bad patch and on occasions I just think he's a little casual. Don't understand what Dicker offers as too slow for this division.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Dunno what's happened to Bruno. Superb at the start of the season, never quite got to that level since.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
I find a lot of what he does ambitious or overly casual, and often in our defensive third. He absolutely smashed it in his first few games and I just feel complacency's crept in since then

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Without stating the obvious Bruno hasn't regained his form since his injury. Maybe Gus gave him the armband as a morale booster. :shrug:

This is how I saw it, however, it didn't work today unfortunately.
I like Bruno but his game is suffering foe some reason and he doesn't seem to like heading the ball.
Hopefully he'll get back to the brilliant player he was a few months ago soon

Feb 12, 2013
Thought he was fine today, forcing Stanislas to be subbed as he was ineffective and did well against Treacy second half. I personally wouldn't of had him as captain, but I thought he did well with the armband and used his power well to talk to the ref.

He reminds be a bit of Jara Reyes - brilliant to begin with, but then not being able to re-capture that form after injury

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I think Bruno has been dreadful of late. Time for Caldy to get a game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here