Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bruno and Lopez - well done

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think all you can say is welcome back Spanish Dave. You've been away far longer than we wished for but hopefully here to stay.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I criticised both earlier in the week so it is only fair to praise them for today. Both were excellent and combined very well.

Bruno in particular was excellent all match.

I've concluded Lopez looks great when the team are playing well and he has the ball in the right areas. He struggles when like at 2-1 we have our backs to the wall. Was therefore an excellent time to sub him and let Kazenga come on and provide the team with an outlet and more forward momentum than Lopez can in that situation.

But well done both for responding so well to poor performances on Tuesday.

agreed....Bruno is class , some of his touches were excellent although he will be suspended for the next game..(?) so calde gets a run assuming Greers
' twinge" clears up.........very good performance from the boys yesterday......Lopez still shy in the tackle but he obviously isn't there for his tackling ability.
Young Ince looks a great prospect , him and Liam are a great pairing ......don't agree with the let Bridders go now sentiments on other threads........5million absolute minimum otherwise he's a keeper.

i am particularly happy as this result has given me bragging rights for the week........:albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
agreed....Bruno is class , some of his touches were excellent although he will be suspended for the next game..(?) so calde gets a run assuming Greers
' twinge" clears up.........very good performance from the boys yesterday......Lopez still shy in the tackle but he obviously isn't there for his tackling ability.
Young Ince looks a great prospect , him and Liam are a great pairing ......don't agree with the let Bridders go now sentiments on other threads........5million absolute minimum otherwise he's a keeper.

i am particularly happy as this result has given me bragging rights for the week........:albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2:

Bruno has already missed the Bournemouth game through suspension and didn't get any card yesterday.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Bruno has looked a liability at times this season but today he was outstanding. If he's played a better game for Brighton than today, I've forgotten it. Was so pleased to see Spanish Dave have a good game too. Both players have struggled this season.

If the Albion players were racehorses, they would have been dope tested after today's performance, such was the improvement on Tuesday.

The only comparable game was Sheffield Wednesday home last year when we won 3-0. Bruno setup two goals and was superb. Really thought we'd made an incredible signing then but injuries since have meant he lost his way. Hopefully yesterday is a sign of things to come.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Bruno was absolutely brilliant yesterday, especially in the first half, possibly MOTM. Everything he done was golden, like others I had criticised him this season but hopefully he just needed games to get match fit after coming back from injury.

It was the best game Ive seen in awhile, what made it better was it being after the worst game Ive seen in a while haha

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I criticised both earlier in the week so it is only fair to praise them for today. Both were excellent and combined very well.

I've concluded Lopez looks great when the team are playing well and he has the ball in the right areas. He struggles when like at 2-1 we have our backs to the wall. Was therefore an excellent time to sub him and let Kazenga come on and provide the team with an outlet and more forward momentum than Lopez can in that situation.

Yes this. I think the frustration with those two is we know they are so much better!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Complete agree altho something tells me one good performance in 10 isn't enough ;) these 2 need to kick on now they really do

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath

I agree with this but they must be consistent .!

St Leonards Seagull

Jul 10, 2012
Comparing their performances on Tuesday and Saturday, it was hard to believe it was the same two players. A welcome return to form though.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Go along with most of this. I too have criticised Lopez this season, and rightly so. I thought he was better than Bruno against Leicester, but agree that the substitution occurred at the right time, as he faded in the second half. He was back to his best in the first half. The two balls he played for the first two goals were excellent, the first one especially, I've already seen it about eight times, and could watch it again and again. In response to the what does SD do, those balls sum up his game. He has excellent technique, vision and passing ability, he has composure in front of goal, in both open play and from dead ball situations. Let's hope this is the moment that changes his season. Whisper it quietly, but we'll be ominous for most most teams in this league if our players are coming back to form, and our midfielders and strikers are coming back from injury and into match fitness. The choices that Oscar will have in midfield soon will give him a headache.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Can someone talk me through SD's showboating pass back to Bruno, in front of the bench.

From the East, I could see it looked well lush but the devil is in the detail.

From the West Upper it looked lush too. Not so sure we need any detail. SD understands space and time better than most in this division, and he was simply freeing these up for Bruno.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
From the West Upper it looked lush too. Not so sure we need any detail. SD understands space and time better than most in this division, and he was simply freeing these up for Bruno.
But what happened?

From across the way it seemed like a back heel, but:-

'This is no ordinary back heel, this is a Spanish Dave back heel'.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Bruno was absolutely brilliant yesterday, especially in the first half, possibly MOTM. Everything he done was golden, like others I had criticised him this season but hopefully he just needed games to get match fit after coming back from injury.

It was the best game Ive seen in awhile, what made it better was it being after the worst game Ive seen in a while haha

I went on Tuesday, than had to miss Saturdays game. :nono:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Echoed completely! :thumbsup:

Great to see the same Spanish Dave back from last season I loved so much. Hopefully he'll take some form forward now, because if he carries on playing passes like that (and not just the 2 killer assists) we're in for exciting times again.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Lopez is very much a confidence player. The difference from Tuesday to today was incredible.
I almost agree, and then I realise that makes no sense at all. After Tuesday's game, he should have been low on confidence.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
But what happened?

From across the way it seemed like a back heel, but:-

'This is no ordinary back heel, this is a Spanish Dave back heel'.

It was indeed a back heel, but calling it simply that does it an injustice. We were under a little bit of pressure in the right back area, he had 2 options hoof it upfield or play it back to Bruno. 3 or 4 Leicester players were pressing us, he turned to face upfield and just when the hoof seemed likely, he back heels it with precision to Bruno, wrong footing the Leicester players thus giving Bruno the time & space to start playing it out again.

I might be bigging it up but it was genius. It says to the opposition don't bother trying to press me or I'll make you look stupid!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here