Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bruno and Bridge

Jun 22, 2011
On a bad night where one or two, maybe three have given a clear indication that they fall short at this level I think Bruno and Bridge are class acts, Bruno looks a brilliant signing real passion and desire, Bridge when fit will show his true ability, poor performance but its not all bad.

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
Going to be good players for us this season going forwards as well as defensively. Centre of defence needs strengthening ASAP though.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Bruno is a bit one-footed isn't he? Every time he has to move the ball on to his right foot before he can do anything!

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
On a bad night where one or two, maybe three have given a clear indication that they fall short at this level I think Bruno and Bridge are class acts, Bruno looks a brilliant signing real passion and desire, Bridge when fit will show his true ability, poor performance but its not all bad.

Well, they did little defensively, we looked dodgy at the back, and Bruno could have easily been sent off if his studs-up challenge in the box had made contact. We need defenders who can defend first and foremost, if they can push forward it is a bonus. Tonight, I saw how Ashley Cole has kept Bridge out of contention at Chelsea and England. Cole is also a good defender when necessary.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But they did seem to have a game of 2 halves?

What did Swindon do to quieten them down in the second half?

Jun 22, 2011
Pork Pie, did you see the Reading game? I thought he showed especially in the second half what a good right back he is, defensively in that game I thought he was class, he had a lot to do in the second period last week, tonight didnt have a great deal to do, but going forward I thought he looked good, Bridge needs time and games but for me quality players

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Pork Pie, did you see the Reading game? I thought he showed especially in the second half what a good right back he is, defensively in that game I thought he was class, he had a lot to do in the second period last week, tonight didnt have a great deal to do, but going forward I thought he looked good, Bridge needs time and games but for me quality players

Nope, I did not. But it really was a meaningless match. Tonight, his defensive work, in a competitive match, was at best suspect. But, to be honest, I am really not a fan of playing wing-backs unless in a five at the back. Their going walkabouts gives the two CHs no cover and too much work to do.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Nope, I did not. But it really was a meaningless match. Tonight, his defensive work, in a competitive match, was at best suspect. But, to be honest, I am really not a fan of playing wing-backs unless in a five at the back. Their going walkabouts gives the two CHs no cover and too much work to do.

Bridge did put in some tackles but god what are some people expecting we are mid table in the championship looking to improve not in the Champions League pushing for Euro domination, somewhere where Chelsea, Man City and England all thought Bridge was good enough. 3/5th of our defence has changed there they will need time to adapt to each other but we have improved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here