Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brum Gulls

rdigs24

Southampton seagull
Jan 21, 2012
Southampton
This happened to me. I had just walked out of New Street train station (wearing my Albion scarf) and some Watford fans stopped me and asked directions to St Andrews :lolol:

Why were you in Birmingham on a home matchday wearing a Albion Scarf when they were Playing Watford? Shouldn't you have been in tge town the Albion were frequenting?:ohmy:

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Whilst I wont be around as out the country, The Trocedero nr New Street Station is easy to get to (no more than 5 mins from New Street), with big screen tellyboxes, a decent selection of beer and food as well if you fancy.

• Exit Birmingham New Street via the Victoria street / square entrance (Walk to the furthest end of the platform – staircase should be by the front of the train).
• Turn left at the Ladbrokes on the corner
• Walk up the road past the Shakespeare pub
• Trocedoro is the next pub on your left up Temple Street.

Just a thought.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I live near Stourbridge which is about 30 minutes away from the centre of Brum. Got some dirty looks when I wore my Brighton shirt on bank holiday Monday.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Whilst I wont be around as out the country, The Trocedero nr New Street Station is easy to get to (no more than 5 mins from New Street), with big screen tellyboxes, a decent selection of beer and food as well if you fancy.

• Exit Birmingham New Street via the Victoria street / square entrance (Walk to the furthest end of the platform – staircase should be by the front of the train).
• Turn left at the Ladbrokes on the corner
• Walk up the road past the Shakespeare pub
• Trocedoro is the next pub on your left up Temple Street.

Just a thought.

Of course this exit now closed as is the Queensway entrance it has moved to hill st /Stephensons st st not sure if Ladbrookes is still there either may have been consumed into the new, New St entrance.

But basically it is now out the front door and go straight up past the Shakespeare pub Google Map A marks temple row The exit is now to the right end of Stephensons Tower basically follow the ghost white line that goes through that end of the building.

redseagull

Jan 4, 2010
exiled in the Midlands
The Troc is pretty good for the city centre, beware of wearing any colours in town though lots of door fools get a bit pissy especially on a Friday (something to do with the local goons being unable to behave themselves probably).

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
The Amber Inn on the Junction of Wolverhampton Rd and Hagley Rd has a huge TV and separate room for it.

It is a sizzling pub so cheap food too.

That should be the Amber Tavern

Went past the stores today they have a couple of corners we could take over.

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
I'd be happy with anywhere central or Harborne. The Troc sounds good, but I haven't had a chance to give anywhere else a call to check that it'll be on / that we'd be welcome. Will try to later, but if anyone else has a chance let me know!

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
Ok, the stores sounds good to me - let's go for there.

Edit: I just checked their website and it looks like they have a DJ on from 8 tomorrow. I don't mind too much if we don't get much / any sound, but thought I'd mention it...

Last edited:

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Harborne a bit limited these days for Sky, The Proverbial (formally the Varsity) no longer does sky White Horse also has a DJ.

The only other I know of is Hillyfields Qunton Rd which does not have a DJ and they can show the match and they do not mind shirts or inflatable seagulls.

I don't mind no sound all I need are images personally.

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
I'll leave it down to your judgment - I don't really know the places in Harborne, and I don't mind too much about sound either.

Renns

Renns Junior
Nov 8, 2006
Huddersfield/Birmingham
I'm a student in Birmgham living in Selly Oak - The Bristol Pear is a 5 minute walk down the road for me! Best avoiding it for the game on friday though as it will be packed out with students.

Your best bet will be in town somewhere along New Street i'd imagine, maybe broad street before the clubbers arrive!

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
Right, Brum gulls, we need a decision for tonight. I popped into the Troc last night to watch a bit of the game. Was good, and they had a section with the sound up. They said it would be the same for tonight, and that we could wear what we want (within reason!).

So I'd go for the Troc. [MENTION=78]timco[/MENTION] if you've got a strong preference for Harborne shout now!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here