Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Broken scaphoid...

Elms

May 11, 2004
Horsham
I got shoved into a wall playing 5-a-side football and my wrist took the brunt of the impact. Have been in plaster over 12 weeks now, currently waiting for results of a CT scan. It's starting to feel a bit better the last week or two, just hope it doesn't take too long to retrain my right hand to hold a pint glass again once finally out of plaster! Anyone on here had this injury before...?

Last edited:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Yes. I feel down the stairs and put my arm out to stop me and went into the kictehn wall.

The worst bit for me was the bone scan in nuclear medicine, the physio afterwards and re-learning to hold a knife and fork properly.

Feel better soon. It's a sucky injury.

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
Yes I broke the same bone too, I was in plaster for 6 weeks, as mine wasnt that bad a break, and in a protective cast for another 2 and a half. I did mine punching a punching bag wrong, stupid I know, over a girl too.....even more stupid I know. It was difficult retraining my hand to hold things again, but witht he pint glass, i just persaveered (sp ?) !!! nothing was gonna stop my right hand antics !!!! :clap2: ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here