Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Broken leg - any advice?

Goat lung

Jan 27, 2013
Take as much time out as possible and send me your season ticket , it would be a shame to waste it

Hockley Blues

Feb 3, 2005
Southend
I've had a bit of bad luck after snapping my tibia and fibular whilst in New Zealand. I was going too fast on the luge and lost it on the final bend! I've had a titanium rod inserted between my knee and ankle and I'm due to be discharged from Rotorua Hospital on Monday.
I've been advised not to fly home for 3 weeks but could stay out here longer if necessary as my wife is with me, the kids have left home and work isn't a problem. I'm not allowed to weight bear on the bad leg for 6 weeks and then stay for a further 6 weeks in plaster. So I hope to be out of plaster in time for the play-offs.
I want to get fit as soon possible and get walking again and be able to get up to my seat in the East Stand Upper.

If anyone has any tips or suggestions or just feels like taking the piss feel free. It's nice to have NSC with me whilst away.

WHAT a track though, right?! :thumbsup: did 5 races on that track last year,
SUPER dangerous and had several near misses but great fun!

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
When you get back to blighty contact your local Red Cross branch and hire yourself a wheelchair

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
I had to have surgery a few weeks before going out to Tenerife. I was advised to make sure that the wound wasn't exposed to the sun while out there, as the scar would be worse and turn red/purple.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
6 weeks after an operation to have a rod placed in my broken leg I'm returning to my first game at The Amex against Leicester on Saturday. I'm not sure if I can manage the steps to and from my regular seat in row S of the Upper East Stand on crutches. Therefore I called the box office today to ask if I could sit in the disabled area on my own without a carer. Apparently you need to be registered disabled to sit there.
So I've been given a regular seat at the end of a row near an exit. With crutches and a dodgy leg in a moon boot it's not going to be easy jumping up and down to let everyone in and out.
I can't help but think it would be easier for everyone if I could have been seated in one of the disabled areas.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here