aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I'm with Virgin Media, we pay for 10mb/s down, 1mb/s up.
From that website I just got 9.48 down and 0.98 up, not too bad. We went through a stage for about 4 months where we got about 0.2 down and 0.1 up, and calling Virgin Media during the day just lead to the Indian call centres, and every single time they got us to do a speed test and just told us to turn the router off and on again...
In the end we called at about 8pm and it went through to an English call centre, and he was able to send us a replacement modem, which cured the problem!

Moral of the story, call when the Indians are all asleep...

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
32.1mb/s with Virgin - very happy !

That's pretty damn fast, may i ask how much you pay?, because i have the full sky package, including phone, i do only pay £5 per month so cant complain.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
18.74 MB/S in Rottingdean on BT, Pretty pleased with that tbh. As we live in the high street and can't get fibre optic it'll likely be the best we can get.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
That's pretty damn fast, may i ask how much you pay?, because i have the full sky package, including phone, i do only pay £5 per month so cant complain.

All the standard TV channels but no premium ones, 30mb internet and unlimited free phone calls with a V+ box and a Tivo for £41 a month.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
According to that 61.4mb download speed.

I am at work though!

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
12.52 download, 0.82 upload. But thats when its on! Its been dropping out 4-5 times a day at the moment! Bloody Tiscali. Going to move but haven't had the time to compare all options yet as I'd like to move the landline and tv at the same time, but can't find anyone other than Sky to give us all the sport we like!

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land

im with sky too, i live in Offington, Worthing & got 11.73 download & 0.83 upload.
I used to have virgin here & just for general browsing I think they were about the same

Marshal Josip Tito

Маршал н
Nov 29, 2011
Yugoslavia
You don't know how lucky you are.

Down: 0.27mbps
Up: 0.12mbps

If I want to stream a video I have to wait at least twice as long as the length of the file for it to buffer before I can play it. So a 20 minute episode means waiting at least 40 minutes before I can watch it. And you can kiss goodbye to doing ANYTHING else whilst it is buffering.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Well, I'm at work and it says 1.16 down and 0.45 up. Shockingly bad broadband in most of Cornwall.

What's really mad is that there's "superfast" broadband in a village about a mile or two from here, but it's not linked to our business park. Openreach have a large depot on our business park, too. You'd think they'd get their finger out and sort it.....

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
3.7/0.6 on an evening, bit lower than normal. its fine for iplayer, youtube online gaming, dont really know what people think they need 20mb other than faster downloads or torrents.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports