Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

British transport police

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I had an incident where the Train door button didn't light up when it was safe to open.

I walked to the next door, which to my amazement, had an open button lighting up on it.

Feels like it was only yesterday.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Had an incident with London Irish fans a while back ,yes rugby fans utter millie bunts from the republic of sandhurst.

Which team do you support ?

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
I once had a food fight with the Irish Lions fans in Brisbane.
But it wasn't on the train so it probably doesn't count.

I did once musically taunt some Aussie fans about the dollar exchange rate on the train to the Sydney stadium.
But noone hit me.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
West Midlands Police were always pretty ruthless. I remember an old poll in 'When Saturday Comes' that pretty much indicated many of the same view.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I once had a food fight with the Irish Lions fans in Brisbane.
But it wasn't on the train so it probably doesn't count.

I did once musically taunt some Aussie fans about the dollar exchange rate on the train to the Sydney stadium.
But noone hit me.

The rivalry with Australia has generally been a good humoured sibling feud. When I lived in Australia there was always a lot of ribbing, but never nasty.

I took a lot of heavy sledging on the Cricket pitch, and initially got a bit precious about it until I went with it.

I once drove a young quickie for four in a match in Brisbane and took a mouthful of abuse from a fielder in the offside. "You're fecking usless, Pom" he said. "Bearing in mind I'm not actually a batsman, that doesn't say much for your fecking bowlers" I replied.

That was the last I heard from him..

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I have been to Villa but I doubt my trip was as exciting or dangerous as any of yours. I was short changed in Oldham once, this is as edgy as it gets for me.

How much were you short changed HT........don't stop there. I remember someone throwing the tin foil from there cheese and pickle sandwiches at someone on the way to Oldham.. They certainly were crazy days.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
the worst aggro I witnessed was a pre season friendly of all games

around 76,was on a train between hove and brighton,sitting there minding my own business

a geezer walks through our carridge and gives this bloke a real good whack in the boat

that was alarming in itself but what followed was on another scale

pincer movement from both sides lads jumping over the top,even unscrewing light bulbs and smashing them into people's heads

always remember this jock fella sitting next to me basically pinning me up against the window trying to avoid the fracas,saying "this don't happen in scotland"

OB were on the train it was stopped,but on arrival at brighton everyone was let go (wouldn't happen now)

some lads had claret running down them

the lads that were attacked kept saying "were be down"

from what I remember I think they were yidds

were be down in reference to april 78

Jan 30, 2008
That Brighton to Hove train could be a real challenge , i can honestly say I bottled getting on it one year when a load of Geordies were on it encouraging three of us to get on and join them :blush: sometimes you just got to walk away from it
regards
DR

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
yeah it was das

prior to div one wasn't too bad

but joining the big boys was another ball game

I lived in newhaven at the time and had to connect at brighton with alot of the away fans

liverpool,stoke,leeds,cockneys,loads

sunderland brought loads down first season in div2

considering geography probably the most impressive

Jan 30, 2008
yeah it was das

I lived in newhaven at the time and had to connect at brighton with alot of the away fans

I'd agree on that one , had to be on my toes outside Brighton station when a load of them came out of the station before the game , big lumps !
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
yeah it was das

you must know dirty face ,pete and co then
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
he'd be in his 60's now?
Looks late 50's could be another snowy , going back to my original post, seen CCTV of Man city and liverpool lads at lime street station ,quite recent ,some people need to give their heads a wobble :nono:
regards
DR

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Sat opposite an old guy once on a train he seemed to be a bit confused as to which decade he was living in. Sad really, chuntered on and on with the same old stories from the good old days. I was off to see my grandad so had some Werther's originals which I shared, it seemed to make his day.

Had an incident with London Irish fans a while back ,yes rugby fans utter millie bunts from the republic of sandhurst.

I never know why I open these hoolie threads but occasionally you do get to read something new :jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here