Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

British Sea Power new releases and tour news

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
They will also be playing a Tsunami Benefit gig at the Concorde with 80's Matchbox and some others bands.....

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Great name for a band, what type of music?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Hungry Joe said:
Blimey, have you got any more details Chappers?

Monday March 7th

British Sea Power
+ The Electric Soft Parade

7:30pm - Main Show
£15 in adv

+ The Mutts + The Chris T-T Band + special guests + Detournement, Chaos Rocks, Born Bad & Hold Up! DJs. All proceeds will be donated to the Tsunami Aid Appeal.

Doesn't say 80's Matchbox are playing on the Concorde 2 site but my SISTER told me they were.....

:)

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Monday March 7th

British Sea Power
+ The Electric Soft Parade

7:30pm - Main Show
£15 in adv

+ The Mutts + The Chris T-T Band + special guests + Detournement, Chaos Rocks, Born Bad & Hold Up! DJs. All proceeds will be donated to the Tsunami Aid Appeal.

Doesn't say 80's Matchbox are playing on the Concorde 2 site but my SISTER told me they were.....

:)

Cheers mate, best get on the blower again.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Hungry Joe said:
Difficult to describe really, I hate the term Indie. Definately Joy Division and Teardrop Explodes influences mixed with some beautiful melodic stuff.

*ears prick up*

I'll look into it.:thumbsup:

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
I notice they are playing High Rocks in February. An interesting choice of venue. That was the scene of my last concert in the UK before fleeing the country. The excellent Energy Orchard on that occasion, about two of us on the floor - me and my brother. I suspect there will be a few more for BSP.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Juan Albion said:
I notice they are playing High Rocks in February. An interesting choice of venue. That was the scene of my last concert in the UK before fleeing the country. The excellent Energy Orchard on that occasion, about two of us on the floor - me and my brother. I suspect there will be a few more for BSP.

I've just managed to grab tickets for that one too as well as the Concorde and London Forum gigs (what a greedy lad eh?). Is it as nice as it sounds Juan?

Kev

Aug 4, 2003
Great to see my favourite band get a mention on NSC! They are indeed playing High Rocks in Tunbridge Wells on Feb 11, then the following day Grasmere Village Hall in the Lake District. Hardly a well-worn rock'n'roll route, but they like to do things their own way...

If you haven't seen them before, get yourself along to the Concorde on Mar 7 and join me and Callum (and obviously Hungry Joe) in the joint Seagulls/BSP supporters club!

The new album, Open Season, is out on March 21, incidentally.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Hungry Joe said:
I've just managed to grab tickets for that one too as well as the Concorde and London Forum gigs (what a greedy lad eh?). Is it as nice as it sounds Juan?

I seem to remember it was quite nice. A bit too nice for rawknroll, perhaps. But it was empty when I was there. Sat with some members of the band, then they got up and played. Weird. Almost blubbed when they played "The Past Is Another Country" since two days later it really was.

I also seem to remember I had trouble finding it, despite having lived around there for 20 years and gone to school in T Wells.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Juan Albion said:
Almost blubbed when they played "The Past Is Another Country" since two days later it really was.

I also seem to remember I had trouble finding it, despite having lived around there for 20 years and gone to school in T Wells.

I love that song.

If you had trouble finding it I best set off extra early then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here