Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

British Sea Powe

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Plastic-Owl-Owl-Decoy-Owl-Scarecrow.jpg.gif

Apr 29, 2012
Saw them live last night at TOM Hove and have done a few times before, but I still just can't warm to them..........technically spot on but oddly lacking soul for me.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Saw them live last night at TOM Hove and have done a few times before, but I still just can't warm to them..........technically spot on but oddly lacking soul for me.

Agreed, saw them in Bristol Nov/Dec, not great to be honest, sound production was poor but the performance was too.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
British Sea Power Announce ‘Boat! Bus! Guitars!’ Album Launch Event
Across London Next Wednesday 3rd April

CLIMB ABOARD THE MACHINERIES OF JOY AND BE TRANSPORTED TOWARD THE MACHINERIES OF ROCK...

To celebrate the release of their new album ‘Machineries Of Joy’ (out Monday), next Wednesday 3rd April British Sea Power will host a multi-limbed launch event in the capital city.

The night will begin at 6pm, cruising out on the Thames from Westminster pier, followed by a mystery tour in a BSP bus across London featuring dancers, communist table tennis, a beer bar, accurate timetabling, cash prizes and historical sight-seeing. The night will culminate in a live set from British Sea Power in a secret London music venue. Further information and tickets will be available on British Sea Power’s website later today – British Sea Power

The night will be an extended and itinerant variation on the band’s renowned Krankenhaus Brighton club nights – undimming nights that have featured brass bands, Japanese Queen tribute bands, the live debut of Keith Allen’s Olympic rock opera, Bo Ningen, Marc Riley’s cattle-bothering Kentucky cousin, Savages’ first ever concert, Shaun Keaveny doing the theme from All Creatures Great And Small, the great Jock Scot and bumping, balling, dancing, grinding, laughing, shouting and going home.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

CLIMB ABOARD THE MACHINERIES OF JOY AND BE TRANSPORTED TOWARD THE MACHINERIES OF ROCK...

To celebrate the release of their new album ‘Machineries Of Joy’ (out Monday), next Wednesday 3rd April British Sea Power will host a multi-limbed launch event in the capital city.

The night will begin at 6pm, cruising out on the Thames from Westminster pier, followed by a mystery tour in a BSP bus across London featuring dancers, communist table tennis, a beer bar, accurate timetabling, cash prizes and historical sight-seeing. The night will culminate in a live set from British Sea Power in a secret London music venue. Further information and tickets will be available on British Sea Power’s website later today – British Sea Power

The night will be an extended and itinerant variation on the band’s renowned Krankenhaus Brighton club nights – undimming nights that have featured brass bands, Japanese Queen tribute bands, the live debut of Keith Allen’s Olympic rock opera, Bo Ningen, Marc Riley’s cattle-bothering Kentucky cousin, Savages’ first ever concert, Shaun Keaveny doing the theme from All Creatures Great And Small, the great Jock Scot and bumping, balling, dancing, grinding, laughing, shouting and going home.

Very excited about this! Thanks for tip off.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

This looks great, unfortunately I'll likely not be able to hear next Wednesday after Swans abuse my ears on the Tuesday night.

This however, is completely the reason I still love them. They could very easily play tours of the Academy venues and pick up their pay check from their devoted fan base but they don't. They are always thinking of ways to bring that (metaphorical) barrier between band and audience and if for nothing else I think that is worthy of a lot of credit.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Saw British Sea Power last night. Two sets- the first was quieter stuff lasting half an hour then after the support another hour and a half. Hugely entertaining as always and perfect sound. Good selection of songs from all albums. If you get a chance to see them live them take it. They are truly immense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here