Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
sketch-1614371025141.png

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
What about her parents, they ultimately are responsible for her behaviour surely?

Can’t believe your handing the responsibility to the government, are you for real!!!

Why on earth is it the government's fault? As far as I know it's not illegal for 15 year olds to travel abroad if they have passports. It's also not illegal to have radical ideas. It only becomes illegal when you commit illegal acts. If it was illegal to have radical ideas Jezza would have been in prison for the last 40 years.

I am not trying to say it is all the Government’s fault. But there were definitely big failures in what happened around them.

The Government has some responsibility for kids in this country up to the age of 18, and that can include protecting them FROM their parents, not saying they were at fault here, because I know nothing about them.

But it’s a recognition that she was 15, only fifteen, when she left.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I am not trying to say it is all the Government’s fault. But there were definitely big failures in what happened around them.

The Government has some responsibility for kids in this country up to the age of 18, and that can include protecting them FROM their parents, not saying they were at fault here, because I know nothing about them.

Indeed, I feel let down by the system that my daughter has not yet been contacted by the Govt. to ask if I have tried to radicalise her.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Indeed, I feel let down by the system that my daughter has not yet been contacted by the Govt. to ask if I have tried to radicalise her.

Possibly the most clever post on NSC you have ever made. I agree. :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
By parents normally, not governments.

I would add that as far as I am aware her parents were quiet, dull, simple people, and she got her inspiration from her school chums and the internet.

As a parent myself, if you're not a prick, parenting is a bit of give and take. But if the kid is determined . . . . all sorts can be hidden.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I have it very much in mind that she was only 15 when she left, and obviously it was a stupid thing to do. But how about firstly the failure of the authorities to prevent her and her two friends being radicalised in the first place, and secondly the failure of whoever might have been responsible for actually allowing them - or rather failing to prevent them - leaving the country in the first place...... about which there was quite a lot of fuss at the time.

Whatever Priti Patel might have said, it was arguably her government’s fault in the first place, so don’t they bear some responsibility for sorting it out?
[*]
[/LIST]

How would they prevent her from being radicalised? 24/7 monitoring of internet (by who?), MI5 planting listening devices in every home in the Uk or god forbid profiling 'certain' households ... plus the age of criminal responsibility in the Uk is 10, across Europe on average its 14. The first responsibility to not join a medieval death cult was hers, second, her family, expecting any government to be responsible is barmy.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
How would they prevent her from being radicalised? 24/7 monitoring of internet (by who?), MI5 planting listening devices in every home in the Uk or god forbid profiling 'certain' households ... plus the age of criminal responsibility in the Uk is 10, across Europe on average its 14. The first responsibility to not join a medieval death cult was hers, second, her family, expecting any government to be responsible is barmy.

It’s always someone else’s fault [emoji2371]
Remember Salldean Omar? Off catching butterflies in the Tora Bora..... had his collar felt by US special forces and whisked off to Guantanamo....the Argus even had a ‘bring him home’ campaign for the waste of skin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008

You're actually blaming the government. Really? Is this a parody account?

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
It’s always someone else’s fault [emoji2371]
Remember Salldean Omar? Off catching butterflies in the Tora Bora..... had his collar felt by US special forces and whisked off to Guantanamo....the Argus even had a ‘bring him home’ campaign for the waste of skin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Saltdean Omar became Brighton Omar and Southwick Omar, well the family did. He was dead, his brother died looking for him. I'm not sure if his other brother is dead. His dad was a wife beating **** but the police wouldn't do anything in case of being accused of racism. They got moved on out of southwick, thank ****. I lived practically next door to them.
Probably the government's fault.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

You're actually blaming the government. Really? Is this a parody account?

Have you ever heard of the “prevent” agenda, about preventing Radicalisation? It’s been around for a long time and been somewhat nonsensical. But somewhere around 2015 the Government imposed on Schools, Prisons and various other places the DUTY to prevent students, prisoners or whatever to be radicalised. Most sensible people, as you have, would realise that this might actually be difficult to achieve but instead of making sensible efforts to identify and counter radicalisation, they imposed a duty which was always going to be impossible to deliver.

So to a certain extent the Government actually reckoned it could prevent radicalisation, and failed to do so. So if they reckoned it can be done, maybe they failed her.

So I do not think it is the government’s fault that she and the others were radicalised. But I do despair about the lack of humanity around all this. She did something extremely stupid, possibly being brainwashed, and is being written off by so many people, including the Government and a Home Secretary who delights in the creation of a hostile environment....... not that this girl is a victim of that hostile environment.

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
Maybe I've mellowed, but I am really uncomfortable about an impressionable 15 year old girl being treated in this way. Populism trumps everything these days.

Equally as stated in the judgement p38, 110 her right to come to the uk to for an appeal must outweigh the national security concerns

Attachments

• 110.JPG
    110.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 107

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
If she had been groomed by a peadophile, we would call her a victim, but she was groomed by Jihadists, so she can **** off.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
If she had been groomed by a peadophile, we would call her a victim, but she was groomed by Jihadists, so she can **** off.

Had she been groomed by a paedophile we would rightly be asking where the parents were , and yes she would be a victim because she had been sought out and manipulated . But it was her that sought out the Jihadists and made a conscious choice to first listen to these extremists and then to plan her way to join them .

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Had she been groomed by a paedophile we would rightly be asking where the parents were , and yes she would be a victim because she had been sought out and manipulated . But it was her that sought out the Jihadists and made a conscious choice to first listen to these extremists and then to plan her way to join them .

You sound like you might have used the term child prostitute, as some Police Officers did, for the girls abused in Rotherham by a Paedophile ring.
Girls in the care system might seek out the attention of older men, the fact they lack some parental care makes them more of a victim to my mind.

TugWilson

Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
I have it very much in mind that she was only 15 when she left, and obviously it was a stupid thing to do. But how about firstly the failure of the authorities to prevent her and her two friends being radicalised in the first place, and secondly the failure of whoever might have been responsible for actually allowing them - or rather failing to prevent them - leaving the country in the first place...... about which there was quite a lot of fuss at the time.

Whatever Priti Patel might have said, it was arguably her government’s fault in the first place, so don’t they bear some responsibility for sorting it out?
[*]
[/LIST]
I made it a full time job to find new ways to screw up when i was a kid , but i knew right from wrong long before i was 15 , so if i got in trouble guess who`s fault it was . Going by your way of thinking there would always be one reason or another why it wasn`t her fault , it was someone else`s , yours perhaps !

TugWilson

Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
You sound like you might have used the term child prostitute, as some Police Officers did, for the girls abused in Rotherham by a Paedophile ring.
Girls in the care system might seek out the attention of older men, the fact they lack some parental care makes them more of a victim to my mind.

Your comment is bang out of order , how the fvck do you come to a conclusion like that , and based on what ? . I`m not even sure i understand what point your trying to make , what have those poor kids got to do with a murderess . If you have an answer keep it to yourself

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Your comment is bang out of order , how the fvck do you come to a conclusion like that , and based on what ? . I`m not even sure i understand what point your trying to make , what have those poor kids got to do with a murderess . If you have an answer keep it to yourself

OK, I will keep it to myself, but do try and work it out for yourself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here