Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

British Grand Prix

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
Did anyone else go??? it was f***ing quality, great weekend, beautiful weather cracking race and a tremendous atmosphere and big screens for the football, the Brazilian's were out in force with their Samba bands met with a chorus of who are ya, great weekend still buzzing i love cars :)

Shame Jenson's car didnt hold out oh well cant wait till next year :clap:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Would liked to have done but was to pricey for my liking. Have got Main grandstand tickets for the GP masters weekend to see the legend that is Nigel Mansell:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: Only cost £50 for the weekend which is a bargain.

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
B.M.F said:
Would liked to have done but was to pricey for my liking. Have got Main grandstand tickets for the GP masters weekend to see the legend that is Nigel Mansell:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: Only cost £50 for the weekend which is a bargain.

I paid £100 for a 3 day cheap seat, but got there early 5.30am and got my self a front row standing position at copse (1st corner) was belting!!! :lol:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Redhead said:
I paid £100 for a 3 day cheap seat, but got there early 5.30am and got my self a front row standing position at copse (1st corner) was belting!!! :lol:

that is a pretty good price mate. don't think I could ever get up that early though. Did do Jerez last year and although we got there late due to staggering in about 5am from a beer session the night before got a realy good view. We where a bit sneaky by standing in a walkway until everyone stood up to cheer Alonso then moved in to get a top view. Have to admit the noise and atmosphere at a Grand Prix as something everyone should experience.

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
B.M.F said:
Have to admit the noise and atmosphere at a Grand Prix as something everyone should experience.

Spot on, it was so cool, friendly banter between fans of different teams/drivers, a mexican wave from the start line to maggots, (a long way) and great weather.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Where's Woodchip? This is his sort of thread, £100 to stand in the heat in a big crowd, not my ideal way to spend a Sunday.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
dougdeep said:
Where's Woodchip? This is his sort of thread, £100 to stand in the heat in a big crowd, not my ideal way to spend a Sunday.

Nor me when there are loads of beaches that cost nothing :lolol:

Last edited:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Beach Hut said:
Nor me when there are loads of beaches that cost nothing :lolol:

But where there are beaches you are sure to find huts which can't be a good thing:p

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
I went to the Brittish grand prix a few years ago. It was a great expierience, we were sitting on the start/finish straight, right opposite the pit lane.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Bono

Jul 18, 2003
Buckinghamshire
I'll be glad when the helicopters finally stop flying over my garden! Went to qualifying day once, best to go on a motorbike and work your way round the circuit. Sometimes go to the testing days, costs nothing.

Le Mans 24 Hours....now that is a good weekend.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
B.M.F said:
But where there are beaches you are sure to find huts which can't be a good thing:p

Huts were designed for beaches - FACT

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Redhead said:
beautiful weather cracking race

Cracking Race? It was shite. Not one overtaking move of note, Alonso leading from start to finish (and has won the Championship already) and not even any minor British interest to cheer on.

In Hindsight I should have mown the lawn instead.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
the best Race yesterday was Louis Hamilton in GP2, a fantastic performance. :clap:

I wouldn't pay to watch the British GP unless it came back to Brands Hatch.

LeMans is a fantastic weekend, and Id recommend going to ther Belgian GP . . . .F1 is an amazing sight, but SIlverstones a dreadful Spectator circuit on the whole

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
zefarelly said:
the best Race yesterday was Louis Hamilton in GP2, a fantastic performance. :clap:

I wouldn't pay to watch the British GP unless it came back to Brands Hatch.

LeMans is a fantastic weekend, and Id recommend going to ther Belgian GP . . . .F1 is an amazing sight, but SIlverstones a dreadful Spectator circuit on the whole

LEWIS Hamilton I think, but absolutely agree, it was a fantastic performance. Just 20, and BRITISH. :clap: With a bit of luck he'll get the drive alongside Alonso at McLaren next season.

Redhead, yep I was there. Corporate hospitality, and it was superb. Got there about 6.45am and had a good nose around before I settled down for breakfast.

Found the safety car parked up by Race Control, and leapt outta my skin when they started it up.

Saw Ross Brawn about 7-30am, and wished him luck for the race as I shook his hand. I didn't want Ferrari to do well, but I could hardly say that to him.

Jay Kay and Jodie Kid were on the balcony next to me.

Great day, my first GP, and I loved it. But the GP2 was the best race of the day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here