Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] British bands - You can only save 3

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
OK I'm bias as they were my No. 1 pick but I would assert that Iron Maiden are still" having their day " judging by this crowd shot from Warsaw last night!

View attachment 150280

For three decades they have been the obvious choice if the UK really wanted to win Eurovision. They already have Spain, Italy and most of Eastern Europe in the bag. In the current climate, get Steve Harris to pen one of his historical war epics based around the Baltic states' 1918 wars of independence against Bolshevik Russia and it would be a walkover.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
For three decades they have been the obvious choice if the UK really wanted to win Eurovision. They already have Spain, Italy and most of Eastern Europe in the bag. In the current climate, get Steve Harris to pen one of his historical war epics based around the Baltic states' 1918 wars of independence against Bolshevik Russia and it would be a walkover.
Indeed nothing like a Steve Harris historical epic. I'm also partial to Blood Brothers being an anthem to bring all nations together regardless of creed, colour or politics.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Were The Charlatans on that list? I’d save them on account of a 30 year consistent back catalogue

Good to see Belle and Sebastian getting a couple of nominations. I think Stuart Murdoch’s a top bloke and they make me feel all warm n fuzzy inside.

Bizarrely at the other end of the spectrum Radiohead (esp In Rainbows) couldn’t be left out.

Happy Mondays, Stone Roses and Pulp also continue to give me great listening pleasure.

As a side issue my favourite two British bands at the moment are Squid and Shame.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here