Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

British Airways 2 - 0 Unite

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Pissed off just written up the first case and now it is pretty much irrelevant. Waste of my bloody time

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The second BA goal has been ruled offside... and Unite have scored an equaliser late into added time.

1-1 and heading for a replay.

How is it possible to have a match where everyone loses? :nono:

Dandyman

In London village.
BA strike: Ban lifted by High Court
Page last updated at 10:36 GMT, Thursday, 20 May 2010 11:36 UK

Derek Simpson, Unite: 'BA case was irresponsible'
Fresh BA strikes look set to go ahead after a panel of senior judges, including the Lord Chief Justice, overturned a ban on industrial action.

BA was granted an injunction on Monday after the High Court ruled that the Unite union had not reported results of its strike ballot correctly to members.

But Unite appealed against the decision, and the panel ruled 2-1 in favour of overturning the injunction.

Strikes are now free to go ahead, possibly from as early as next week.

The two sides have been rowing over pay, jobs and working conditions.

'Trivial case'

Unite members outside the court sang "we are the champions" after the verdict was announced.

But Unite joint leader Derek Simpson said: "This is not a moment for being triumphant. We shouldn't have been in this process.

"The case brought by BA was trivial and, in my opinion, irresponsible."

He added that cabin crew would not go on strike before Monday, when a five-day strike was due to begin.

Contingency plans

BA said it was "disappointed for our customers" that Unite's appeal had been upheld.

"We will implement our contingency plan to keep British Airways flying," the company said in a statement.

It added: "Unite's strikes have failed twice and they will fail again."

The first strike had been scheduled to begin on Tuesday, ending on 22 May, with the three further five-day stoppages to begin on 24 May, 30 May and 5 June.

Despite the ruling in favour of BA on Monday, flights have been disrupted this week with the airline unable to reinstate all services

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
Due to return to the UK next week after working in the US for a year and my flight's been cancelled. I hope those pricks know just how much they are ruining people's time. "We are the Champions?" No you're not, you're the devil incarnate.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Due to return to the UK next week after working in the US for a year and my flight's been cancelled. I hope those pricks know just how much they are ruining people's time. "We are the Champions?" No you're not, you're the devil incarnate.

Quite, Added to the fact the Volcanio could shut airports at any time they really are selfish.

Overturned on the most pathetic of techanicalities.

That the Union, in each of its commuications with its members, state the number that destroyed the ballot paper.

Which was a total of 11 out of 11,000 voters.

The general feeling is that this is a political and not a legal decision.

Just relate this to the recent election, how many returning officers announced spoilt ballot papers?

All returning officers announced the number of spoilt ballot papers.

because they've read, understood and implimented the legislation PROPERLY

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Someone should lock Willie Walsh and Derek Simpson in a room together and they are not allowed out until a deal is agreed.

If the Manchester Seagulls World Cup flights are cancelled BA can officially do one, and I hope they are taken over by Ryanair so that ALL the cockjuggling thundercunts on both sides of the dispute get royally shafted by Michael O'Leary

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Someone should lock Willie Walsh and Derek Simpson in a room together and they are not allowed out until a deal is agreed.

If the Manchester Seagulls World Cup flights are cancelled BA can officially do one, and I hope they are taken over by Ryanair so that ALL the cockjuggling thundercunts on both sides of the dispute get royally shafted by Michael O'Leary

But wouldn't Ryanair also shaft the passengers.

Besides, if that arrogant prick Walsh wanted the dispute to end it would but the fact is he doesn't. It's in his hands.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The judges have decided that a miniscule oversight shouldn't get in the way of workers rights. Willie Walsh thinks he is the Ian McGregor of the airlines industry.

All returning officers announced the number of spoilt ballot papers.

because they've read, understood and implimented the legislation PROPERLY

sORRY MATE,

\I LISTENED TO A LOT OF retuns a few weeks ago. And 1 in 3 did not announce the number of spoilt papers, whether they would have signed off the number is another thing,

any way my point was, it is absurb and proved in the APPEAL court, to say a strike is invalid, just because in texts and e-mails, that 11 people have spoilt papers.

The original legilslation in 1992, of course, does not even refer to these modes of communication and of course the UNION WOULD NOT EVEN HAVE THESE DETAILS of all of its members.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here