Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Britains worst accent !

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I would say Brummie is more speech impediment rather than accent.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I have worked in Liverpool for 13 years so am used to the Scouse accent and accept it as the norm now. Everyone sounds like a cockney when I come back to Sussex.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
The Black Country. It's so whiney ot sounds like a disgruntled child talking half the time. After living in Brum/ Blavk country for the best part of 4 years I can safely say it's vile.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
If you listen to Nicola Sturgeon it soon puts you off the Scottish accent...

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
Southern imho, mostly because of it's slow and painful take over of most places in the east and south east of england. Even Sussex had its own accent once.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
If you listen to Nicola Sturgeon it soon puts you off the Scottish accent...

To be honest she just puts me off her. I am totally fed up with seeing her on the news every day and hope that whatever the outcome of the election nobody wants to form any government with her "support"

I do love Edinburgh accents though.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
There is defently a Sussex accent. I didn't notice it when I lived there, but having not lived there for a number of years I certainly recognise it when I hear it now. I can also tell the difference between the middle class Sussex accent and the more common variety (the one I have when back home) Sussex accent. If I'm listening to local news I can tell when they are talking to someone who is a genuine Sussex person before I have even seen who or what they are talking about. It's not bad though.
I really don't like Northern Ireland accent.

Ferring Marine

Mar 28, 2014
Cockney, Scouse and Northern Irish - the Northern Irish is the most irritating (used by most presenters saying 'now' in every other word) followed by the whiney Scouse.
eg Steven Gerrard/Jamie Carragher.. Most annoying. Should be banned.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Scouse, by a country mile. Utterly ridiculous dialect, a vile coarse guttural whine that starts at the back of the throat with a noise like a rusty spanner being rubbed on a cheese-grater, and then spews forth in a high-pitched nonsensical barely decipherable squeal that, regardless of whatever is being said, inevitably ends in a noise that sounds like "eeeeeh ?".

Added to the fact that as soon as you hear this abomination, you're already subconsciously checking your back pockets.

Errrrrrrrm Calm down mate ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here