"Britain Invented Most Things Worth Inventing"

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Some Italian bloke, I believe, but John Bogie Laird got in first with the patent application..

I thought it was a German student who patented the first tv?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
isnt Bonofee pie also a sussex invention?

w@nker is the greatest swear word in the English language,i love the way it re-invents itself ie Bus W@anker and Full Kit W@nker

It is indeed. The Hungry Monk I believe.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
no you cant. the ipod is hardly an "invention", its a design of MP3 player .

Maybe not that Jonathan Ive at Apple, but what about "Kane Kramer is a British inventor and businessman. He is credited with the initial invention of the digital audio player, in 1979."

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Maybe not that Jonathan Ive at Apple, but what about "Kane Kramer is a British inventor and businessman. He is credited with the initial invention of the digital audio player, in 1979."

absolutly, and i didnt know about him before.:thumbsup:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
And the concentration camp.

Not true, the first where in North america where they liked to stuff the free range praire injuns.

http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concentration_camp

"The first concentration camps were found in the United States in 1838, when the Van Buren administration saw fit to remove the indigenous Cherokee population.

Camps were used in Cuba under Spain's "Reconcentrado" Policy 1896-97. Shortly after similar concentration camps were used by the British in the Second Boer War in South Africa around 1900."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports